Reduce crime and increase prison space

Started by klondike, May 24, 2024, 11:05:29 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on Yesterday at 07:12:17 PMStop knocking our police.

An elderly lady phoned the police because young vandals kept damaging their garden gate.

The police arrived quite quickly & gave the woman a verbal warning for using threatening behaviour as she'd told one of the young vandals she ring his neck if she caught him.

To date nothing has been done about the young vandals.
I often wonder whose side our police are on these days.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Yobs rule.. They can walk into any shop .. take what they want.. and walk out again.. No-one dares to stop them.. Mustn't lay hands on them..
Staff fear for their own safety..
They don't even need a fast getaway motor.. Those days have long gone..
This applies to private property also..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Anyone who is an asylum seeker who is found guilty of a crime should automatically be returned to their country of origin.  They will have come here for protection, and it's a pretty poor show if they then decide to bite the hand that feeds them.

dextrous63

By coincidence, I just came across this in a book I'm reading.  It's referring to a pastoral deputy head of a school, but can easily be adapted for this thread..

"Many was the wayward urchin with the wedge haircut who was sent to his office for a damned good letting off."

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on Today at 08:10:39 AMYobs rule.. They can walk into any shop .. take what they want.. and walk out again.. No-one dares to stop them.. Mustn't lay hands on them..
Staff fear for their own safety..
They don't even need a fast getaway motor.. Those days have long gone..
This applies to private property also..
As many used to joke about, Lawless Britain.

I think this, like almost everything else, comes down ultimately to the government.

They have decided not to build more prisons; they have decided not to push for more punishing consequences for law-breaking; they (or their predecessors) have decided to hand over control of London to it new mayor; they have continued to pass control to other bodies: the Civil Service, the Lords, etc.

Assuming that Mr Flip-Flop will take over next month, and hand 16 year-olds the vote (to continue their term in office for longer), such things will continue as those young people are largely in favour of freedom to break the law, protesting and holding up normal progress anywhere, etc.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire