Roll Up, Roll Up, Get Yer Diphtheria Jabs.

Started by Diasi, September 07, 2023, 09:10:51 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

If we let third world people in then we should expect to be letting in long ago defeated diseases too. Luckily it is something covered by childhood shots here. Unluckily some of the imports won't have had those shots. Not sure if protection is life long or just the absence of the disease in general is protecting the main population.

Ashy

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

So many of the arrivals have been dispersed around the country, so no doubt there will be more diseases we'd forgotten about.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Didn't out explorers wipe out somewhere or other in the past? Maybe some tribes in the Amazon. Possibly some Pacific Islands too. Our ancestors certainly killed plenty with lead poisoning in the days of Empire.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 07, 2023, 04:56:02 PMDidn't out explorers wipe out somewhere or other in the past? Maybe some tribes in the Amazon. Possibly some Pacific Islands too. Our ancestors certainly killed plenty with lead poisoning in the days of Empire.
The Spanish wiped out the Aztecs by introducing diseases.
[email protected]

klondike

Ah right. I expect we will still get the blame though.

Michael Rolls

mais oui! Actually, but memory fails, I am pretty sure that Europeans, maybe Brits, maybe not, took over a Pacific island, introduced European diseases, by chance, not by intent, and the islanders, having no natural immunity, where wiped out. Will continue to search the old memory box - but don't wait up.
[email protected]

klondike

Our memories seem to coincide and be equally valueless  :grin:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]