Result !

Started by Alex, May 13, 2023, 07:44:08 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Thanks for the detailed explanation Cass.

I agree that the grading this type of offence could do with reconsidering. Anybody capable of this sort of cruelty must surely have a personality defect which could make them a danger to the public at large as well as animals.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

We could do with a few more Cassandras sitting in our courts.

A ramble.......

I remember coming home from school one day, I must have been about 13 or 14, to see the obnoxious kid from over the road holding my cat by the neck and trying to push her head down a grid !  I've never forgotten it, satchel thrown to the floor, I grabbed the little shit punched him and pushed him to the floor.  I should have given him a battering but I was too concerned about my cat !   I got told off by his Mum because he was a lot younger than me.   Was I bovvered ?  :angry:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 15, 2023, 12:26:17 PMWe could do with a few more Cassandras sitting in our courts.

A ramble.......

I remember coming home from school one day, I must have been about 13 or 14, to see the obnoxious kid from over the road holding my cat by the neck and trying to push her head down a grid !  I've never forgotten it, satchel thrown to the floor, I grabbed the little shit punched him and pushed him to the floor.  I should have given him a battering but I was too concerned about my cat !  I got told off by his Mum because he was a lot younger than me.  Was I bovvered ?  :angry:
Well done!
The best cure for bullying:
A bigger child to give the little bully a good hiding.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Raven

Works for me too, I'd have belted him till he screamed for mercy, :yell:  but then I was the Highland Wild Child. Then if his parents had complained to my dad they would have got a roasting too as he was an animal lover like me.  :nooo:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on May 15, 2023, 06:24:40 AMYes Thanks for explaining Cass, :upvote: Wasn't having a go at you personally, it's just a subject that puts me on my high horse, and I don't mean the Clydesdales. :wink:

Raven, I understood and was glad to help with ratification which looking back seems a bit long but does I think help to explain the process, at least I hope so

I thought of you watching those magnificent creatures at the Coronation by the way. A thought provoking incident yesterday, I stumbled on the ground when leading Dixie through the woods and was experiencing difficulty arising with nothing nearby to grasp onto. Next thing she was snuffling round my neck and then actually let me lean on her nose while she gently elevated me up to my feet. Did she know what she was doing? I like to think so. A wonderful little creature by the way, whose become very special to me.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Quote from: Cassandra on May 15, 2023, 07:04:00 PMA thought provoking incident yesterday, I stumbled on the ground when leading Dixie through the woods and was experiencing difficulty arising with nothing nearby to grasp onto. Next thing she was snuffling round my neck and then actually let me lean on her nose while she gently elevated me up to my feet. Did she know what she was doing? I like to think so. A wonderful little creature by the way, whose become very special to me.

She knew Cass for sure, what a star ! :upvote:

dextrous63

Was her previous owner an alcoholic?  She might just be used to helping stumbling wino's back to their feet 😬

Raven

I'm sure she knew you needed help, they bond very deeply with an owner they come to love. They pick up on our needs very quickly.
When I walk the woods I have to be very careful as I'm excellent at tripping over raised tree roots if I go off the main path. Not that I'll be doing that for a good while.
I hope your alright.

Scrumpy

Some animals are smarter than humans.. and a lot nicer..
They accept us for what we are.. however ugly.. money doesn't come into it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on May 15, 2023, 10:23:05 PMI'm sure she knew you needed help, they bond very deeply with an owner they come to love. They pick up on our needs very quickly.
When I walk the woods I have to be very careful as I'm excellent at tripping over raised tree roots if I go off the main path. Not that I'll be doing that for a good while.
I hope your alright.

Thank you I'm fine it was just a stumble over a rather gnarled root of one of the pines. If the stable doors left open and the gate to the house likewise, she trips up to the 'stable' (half gate) back door and sticks her head through to see me. I've never had much to do with horses directly until I came here, apart from always having a great natural affection for them. As you know. they're such wonderful creatures to be around and I look forward to my daily excursions with them. The 'little one' is such fun to watch grow up and he's very mischievous too, loves getting hold of the back of my jacket and giving it a playful tug, then running off hopping and grumping!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

[email protected]