Good old Boris..

Started by Scrumpy, May 05, 2023, 12:24:27 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I still think that the Tories need to be destroyed electorally for Reform to stand much of a chance so that means not the coming election for them and quite probably not the one after either. I will vote Reform but have little hope that there will be any success on that front.

Certainly I see no hope of a Tory government next time, Should they rally enough for a hung parliament I see the SNP supporting Labour in return for another Independence referendum but I think the boat for that has sailed and it too would fail.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 05, 2023, 04:35:32 PMFortunately the country is made up of NORTH..SOUTH..EAST.. WEST..
Many from the NORTH... like ,builders in canteens , didn't' like the 'One rule for you..Another for me.' attitude.
Well since you're a Northerner I'll have to take your word for it.

Oh, hang on, it's me who's the Northerner & worked on Northern building sites & sat in Northern building site canteens talking with the 'lads'.

The South, East & West didn't give Boris the majority, it was the North.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't be so soppy.. Politics is changing all the time.. What you knew yesterday can be different today.. 
 One doesn't have to live up North to know what is going on up there..
The same goes for the South.. Some Northerners seem to know all about us down here and what we need..

May 06, 2023, 09:33:05 AM

Anyway.. I have to go now.. I have a celebration to watch.. :gb: :clap: :yahoo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 06, 2023, 08:29:29 AMI still think that the Tories need to be destroyed electorally for Reform to stand much of a chance so that means not the coming election for them and quite probably not the one after either. I will vote Reform but have little hope that there will be any success on that front.

Certainly I see no hope of a Tory government next time, Should they rally enough for a hung parliament I see the SNP supporting Labour in return for another Independence referendum but I think the boat for that has sailed and it too would fail.
I agree that Reform stands little chance of forming a government.
However, I shall vote according to my conscience, which precludes the support of any other political party.
What will be, will be, and I'm sure that no-one will be particularly happy for many years to come.
Very sad, compared to the situation I have lived in for most of my years.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire