Passports

Started by Scrumpy, April 27, 2023, 01:11:12 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My passport is out of date so I thought I had better sort it..
You can do it online.. No postage.. 
The new photos that are needed you can get a a photo booth that do passport pics.. 
I sat on the stool... too short needed raising.. I swiveled it around.. too short.. I swiveled the wrong way..  Had to find my glasses to read instructions.. 
'Your eyes have to be between the two lines'.. did that.
That didn't last long because I had to take them away to read the next instruction.. Press OK.. Glasses off..  Glasses on 'How do you want to pay'.. 
Insert card.. take card out.. 
The photos had a personal number showing..
When applying online you put all your details in plus this special number which shows your photo.. I learned that yesterday..
 Went home .. looked at the pics properly using daylight.. Bloody horrible.. Who is this old lady.. !! It's not me.. 
I tore them up.. will go back when the machine has been mended ..
 Isn't technology marvelous.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

It's only a passport, not an official portrait. But I sympathise.

dextrous63

There are phone apps that you can use without having to go through all of that nonsense.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 27, 2023, 01:11:12 PMMy passport is out of date so I thought I had better sort it..
You can do it online.. No postage..
The new photos that are needed you can get a a photo booth that do passport pics..
I sat on the stool... too short needed raising.. I swiveled it around.. too short.. I swiveled the wrong way..  Had to find my glasses to read instructions..
'Your eyes have to be between the two lines'.. did that.
That didn't last long because I had to take them away to read the next instruction.. Press OK.. Glasses off..  Glasses on 'How do you want to pay'..
Insert card.. take card out..
The photos had a personal number showing..
When applying online you put all your details in plus this special number which shows your photo.. I learned that yesterday..
 Went home .. looked at the pics properly using daylight.. Bloody horrible.. Who is this old lady.. !! It's not me..
I tore them up.. will go back when the machine has been mended ..
 Isn't technology marvelous..
I had to get a photo for my driving licence as the photo was 10 years old.

I got mine taken at the local Photo Lab, a sheet of 4 for £7.40. 

I was quite pleased as I don't look any older than 10 years ago.

Or I might have looked 10 years older than I actually was 10 years ago. Lol. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I did a selfie and printed it for mine. Looked terrible. A perfect likeness.

Scrumpy

Can I use a phone app for a passport photo..?
Is it simple to do.?
I do not have a printer..

klondike

Dunno but if you have a current passport the DVLA can use the photo from that instead of you sending one in. Without a passport if you need a new photo you can't do it online and have to post a form instead.

Alex

My passport ran out during Covid and I didn't bother to renew it.  I don't think I'll be going abroad again - unfortunately.

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 27, 2023, 04:52:16 PMCan I use a phone app for a passport photo..?
Is it simple to do.?
I do not have a printer..
Just downloaded a couple and tried them out.  Simple enough.  You'll get a digital one and/or 4 printed ones depending what you want.

Obviously will cost you money, but at least you can retake piccies for free until your happy.  No idea how it compares with going to Photo Booth or shop.

Scrumpy

I just want passport photos that have a unique number that I can use online to renew my passport.. The photo booth does this.. 
This is great .. no posting.. When did they make it so simple.. !!
Nobody else in my family knew about.. I'm usually the last to know..
 Incidentally the photo booth pics cost 9 Pounds..

dextrous63

The app will give you that.  No posting.  Costs not dissimilar

One thing that's always bugged me about passport photos which need signing and posting is...why can't they come with most of the wording pre-printed on the back?

Ashy

I renewed my passport last year, took my own photo and sent it as a file.