It’s a mystery..

Started by Scrumpy, February 01, 2023, 04:53:30 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Raven

klondike

You have better taste than me. As I said way back it looks very Reggie Perrin to me. 

Scrumpy

Nicola Bulley's husband spoke on tv ...  Poor man..
He did come across as a little (bossy) demanding .. He didn't beg for help, his words were demanding in what he thinks the police should be doing..
 This disappearance  is a mystery to me .. I think there is more to it than we are told..
Many people go missing in strange circumstances.. and never found.. This case has the media interest..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

Det Supt Becky Smith has said about Nicola..

She is a 'High Risk' missing person with 'Specific vulnerabilities'..

I hope they find this lady very soon.. 

Alex

Almost three weeks now, it certainly is a mystery.   

Flying Bomb

Agatha Christie has taken her

Alex

She was high risk due to alcohol problems, but even if that is so how did she just disappear  ?

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 15, 2023, 02:28:31 PMShe is a 'High Risk' missing person with 'Specific vulnerabilities'..

It sounds like they know more than they are telling because that is a very odd statement.

Other oddities I have read is that they persist with the gone in the river theory despite zero evidence, somebody pointing out that the water isn't deep and a search team finding nothing. One comment on that was that they need to extend the water search as she may not have gone in where her stuff was found. If so then anything could have happened anywhere.

I'll stick with my Reggie Perrin comment from way back.

February 15, 2023, 07:13:23 PM
Ah posts crossed so the comment is explained. Possibly also explains why they think she fell in.

Alex

I can't think of a reason why Lancashire Police would need to tell the world that Nicola Bulley had a drink problem.

klondike

Nor can I but why did they mention specific problems?

Scrumpy

I think the police have spoken out about (other) problems because of all the publicity.. nasty comments... and they keep getting it in the neck for not doing this and not doing that..  
The husband seems to think they should be doing this, that and the other..  
The police know what they are doing..
I think the police had already been called to the house a couple of weeks back because f problems.. 
 Poor woman.. I hope they can solve this mystery..  

Alex

I read earlier that the police have found a body in the river.   It's taken a long time to find her, if it's her, considering the river has been searched by police and the civilian search and rescue group

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on February 15, 2023, 10:21:31 PMNor can I but why did they mention specific problems?

Perhaps a young and inexperienced employees reaction from Plod's PR biddy's to the seeming criticism about their actions.

"Na na nee na na, she's a pisshead etc who fell in the river"

Personally I think she's done a constructive runner, a la "John Stonehouse" and the whole thing may never be known?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on February 19, 2023, 03:34:50 PMI read earlier that the police have found a body in the river.  It's taken a long time to find her, if it's her, considering the river has been searched by police and the civilian search and rescue group
How sad.. Nobody knows what this lady was going through..
She must have been so desperately sad.. 
Bless her..