simply delicious.

Started by alfred, July 21, 2022, 08:30:40 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Not far from where i live is an Italian  shop which only sells 1ltre tubs of lemon ice sorbet or plain creamy white delicious ice cream , all of which are very tasty indeed and certainly wets the appetite for more , and which i buy for just under £3,50 a litre.
and they sell much bigger tubs according to what you need,

well iv started to call at  this shop every two weeks or so,  and recently having bought a tub of each i was asked is there any thing else , i replied yes do you sell wafers, no came the reply but i ill give you some to which i had enough wafers for about a dozen ice creams, given as I seen to be seen as a regular customer ,

its amazing how the old fashioned way of incentives it seems is still around, and its a nice surprise when given some thing free ,

Q.  I  can remember green grocers in the past cutting say an apple or orange for people   to taste before deciding whether to buy or not,  simple idea, but effective ,

1955vintage

It used to called service.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

I checked the dictionary. That word isn't in it.

Scrumpy

You have a brilliant shop on your doorstep Alfred.. They are very rare now days.. 
Our (village) was once like that..  
We have a local butcher who is so bloody rude I don't even go in there.. I might add that he is a (true) Brit..
We also have a newsagent that Nita and Paresh own .. Two of the nicest people...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

We don't have Italian Ice Cream here but we do have Orkney Ice Cream which is to die for.
In the Main street over in Kirkwall is a shop that sells nothing but Ice Cream, wonderful choice of flavours also a mix n match cone or wafer.
They also send some over to the shops here, but not the choice that you get on the island.