I absolutely despair...

Started by klondike, February 27, 2022, 08:44:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I see no problem with hiring gays either. I do see a problem with the head of MI6 tweeting all that diversity stuff though. Why is it in any way relevant to anything?

zoony

Perhaps PR?.. Since the 70's I believe MI5 ran a no-gays operation cos of the obvious drawbacks like blackmail..Now they're short of manpower and all is forgiven..

Raven

Quote from: -Oy- on February 27, 2022, 05:49:58 PM
Exactly the same as a heterosexual I'd image.
Sorry I didn't mean gays. I meant the lads who think they're lassies and vice versa.
Which army would they be sent to, the men's, the woman's or one they think they should go to.

klondike

Quote from: zoony on February 28, 2022, 12:48:23 AM
Perhaps PR?.. Since the 70's I believe MI5 ran a no-gays operation cos of the obvious drawbacks like blackmail..Now they're short of manpower and all is forgiven..
Highlights my point to some extent. There is no longer any shame in being gay and I doubt much discrimination either. I can't see why PR, positive discrimination, outreach programs, diversity advisers etc. are required any more.

Of course not being black, gay, ginger, Welsh or a muslim I never personally experienced any of the snidyness those categories can attract and thought/hoped it had all mostly gone into the history books but if that isn't so maybe there is some sort of need. At least for less well protected minorities such as Welsh and gingers.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 28, 2022, 09:14:37 AM
Highlights my point to some extent. There is no longer any shame in being gay and I doubt much discrimination either. I can't see why PR, positive discrimination, outreach programs, diversity advisers etc. are required any more.

Of course not being black, gay, ginger, Welsh or a muslim I never personally experienced any of the snidyness those categories can attract and thought/hoped it had all mostly gone into the history books but if that isn't so maybe there is some sort of need. At least for less well protected minorities such as Welsh and gingers.

Just spare a thought for the ginger Welsh.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]