Yorkshire Visit

Started by Alex, Today at 01:12:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I went on a charabanc trip yesterday to Yorkshire and really enjoyed it, mostly because the sun shone all day, but it was also good for someone else to do the driving.
We were picked up at 8.15am right next to a Social Club car park in Whitby which was handy for me.  The driver said our first stop would be Lymm which is a lovely little place, only problem was it was Lymm services !  I think this was to give passengers who had joined the coach in Wales a break.

Next stop was Hawe, where my friend and I had the best fish & chips we'd tasted in a long time. Mooched around the 'town' a bit but didn't make it as far as the Wensleydale Creamery which was a bit of a hike.

Back on the coach and next stop was Settle.  I've never been to this part of Yorkshire before and was particularly impressed with 'The Folly' a building from the 1600 s

I can't post any photos on this tablet so will add a couple when I get back on my laptop............if I remember  [2090]

Scrumpy

A Road trip when someone else is driving is the best..
I used to go on them with my sister.. We went to many places and met some interesting people..
I always think of her when I pass Clacket Lane Services on M25.. 
We enjoyed the Isle of Wight.. went across on the ferry..
Trying to book the seats up the front was like doing the Lottery..
We seemed to get sunny days.. 
Yes.. I enjoyed my days of coaches and service stations..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..