Dublin

Started by Alex, November 24, 2023, 02:53:50 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Goodness me, this is beginning to look like Paris !   
The Irish are angry

klondike

I really should keep up with the news. I'll have to get on Google to find out what that's all about.

November 24, 2023, 03:23:38 PM
Well what I read is light on detail but reading between the lines I'm guessing that, like us, the Irish are benefiting from cultural enrichment.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 24, 2023, 03:21:09 PMI really should keep up with the news. I'll have to get on Google to find out what that's all about.

Well what I read is light on detail but reading between the lines I'm guessing that, like us, the Irish are benefiting from cultural enrichment.
Yes, not happy with taking over the UK, they want the whole of Europe.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on November 24, 2023, 03:21:09 PMI really should keep up with the news. I'll have to get on Google to find out what that's all about.

Yes.  And yobs. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on November 24, 2023, 03:50:22 PMYes.  And yobs.

Reminded me of that damn carry on in Dundee at Halloween. That was Yobs too and a lot of senseless damage.  :angry:

Scrumpy

I heard about stabbings outside a school.. I think two or three were stabbed and one child was hospitalized .. This seems to have been the start of the problems..
Destroying of property and looting shops are just mindless thugs..  setting vehicles  alight and aiming missiles at the police .. Trouble makers who spring from nowhere after the word goes up..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Why are they called yobs and right wing  ?
The Irish people are fed up with the violence from immigrants and it seems the marches and vigils haven't worked.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable. — John F Kennedy

Ashy

Is it hypocrisy when Dublin was decorated for Ukraine whilst their establishment allows Ireland to be invaded?

Alex

Irish men confront immigrants who tried to use tonight's riots in Dublin as an opportunity to loot stores.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1727814197029822567

ansu

That's interesting, but I have my own opinion on all that aggression. In former times people didn't have such a lot of free time. My parents for instance worked about 10 hours a day and on Saturdays till noon, so when they were at home they were tired and wanted to relax. Today - in Germany - they are talking about 35 weekly working hours - or working 4 days, i.e. a lot of free time and as far as I can judge you need money to spend your free time or you just spend it in front of the TV or computer and maybe play aggressive games - I don't know. 
Moreover, everywhere we have some drug problems. When my mother was in a nursing home they full pumped her with drugs for some time and during that time she was very aggressive and told me that she was going to murder me. We changed the nursing home and she was behaving normal again. 
And last but not least the public media also play an important role.