Has anyone..

Started by Scrumpy, September 27, 2022, 08:59:48 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on October 18, 2022, 08:19:21 PMI've just put my heating on for a couple of hours, it's really cold here in spite of wearing a jumper and a cardigan.  I've bled the radiators but the boiler is still making trickling noises so I'll just turn up the music  :grin:
Alex... Every old boiler needs a yearly service...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2022, 09:14:21 AMAlex... Every old boiler needs a yearly service...
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2022, 09:14:21 AMAlex... Every old boiler needs a yearly service...
That's bit rude to call Alex an old boiler & she may want more than a yearly service.  :grin:

Anyway the yearly boiler service is a money-making scam.

We only get our boiler looked at if it develops a fault & only then if it's a fault that means touching any part of the gas side which is a criminal offence & voids house insurance.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It's a scam with modern ones where they just plug in a gas analyser then play Candy Crush Saga on their tablet for half an hour to justify their charge. With old boilers it can be different - they used to be taken apart and cleaned, That never gets done with modern ones.

Scrumpy

I still get a service every year.. It makes me happy to know all is working well..   :wink: :wink:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 19, 2022, 09:42:50 AMIt's a scam with modern ones where they just plug in a gas analyser then play Candy Crush Saga on their tablet for half an hour to justify their charge. With old boilers it can be different - they used to be taken apart and cleaned, That never gets done with modern ones.
Yes, you're right but the last boiler we had that fell into the 'old' category was pre the 2005 Gas Safe regulations so I used to strip it down & clean it. 

October 19, 2022, 09:49:34 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2022, 09:45:58 AMI still get a service every year.. It makes me happy to know all is working well..  :wink: :wink:
And what about your boiler?  :shocked:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

You walked into that one Phil...