Too Cold.

Started by Raven, October 18, 2022, 02:27:08 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

The Leisure Centre has dropped the temperature in the pool and the jacuzzi even further today. It was bloody freezing and I only managed 20 lengths before I had to get out of the water, my hands were actually blue tinged.
I have bad circulation and a wee bit arthritis in my hands, I was really sore when I got out of the pool, the jacuzzi wasn't much better just lukewarm. :boo: I complained about it on my way out but was given the usual excuse of we need to save money on the heating. [1100]  I think I may have to give up my membership as I simply can't handle that much cold.  :cry:

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on October 18, 2022, 02:27:08 PMThe Leisure Centre has dropped the temperature in the pool and the jacuzzi even further today. It was bloody freezing and I only managed 20 lengths before I had to get out of the water, my hands were actually blue tinged.
I have bad circulation and a wee bit arthritis in my hands, I was really sore when I got out of the pool, the jacuzzi wasn't much better just lukewarm. :boo: I complained about it on my way out but was given the usual excuse of we need to save money on the heating. [1100]  I think I may have to give up my membership as I simply can't handle that much cold.  :cry:
Well there's no point in going if you can't enjoy it, which is a real shame.

I bet the heating's not gone down in the council chamber.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

That is sad.. and silly.. They will lose customers giving them a reason to close down.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Don't council pools run at a loss? So yes an excuse to shut it down.

Alex

Maybe if enough of you complain they'll turn the heat up a bit.  Get yerself on a picket line Raven !   :grin:

Raven

I marched in again this morning, and the young lad on the reception, I complained to yesterday did a body swerve into the back room. [2080]
It was a wee bit warmer this morning, I managed 40 then came out. Was sitting in the jacuzzi and one of the maintainance guys came by I asked him to turn the temp back up, and he said "I would if I could lass", and another swimmer heard him and she shouted " It's not on , we're not paying you lot a monthly fee to get the cold water shock treatment" His face was a picture.  :grin:

klondike

Sounds to me like you'll be seeing something like this on the wall any time soon....

Raven

Naw, they should be prepared for Complaints if they alter things. I wasn't in the least bit rude yesterday, just said how I felt about it and the pain it was causing. I know it's not their fault, it's their bosses in their nice warm offices, in their nice warm building.