Storms

Started by Sheila, February 17, 2022, 02:10:28 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Glad Sheila's daughter got off ok from Manchester.
Dageus is just sooooooooooo beautiful
Here the storm kicked off about 11am, then we had sleet, half an hour later the sun was shining, now we're back to horrendous winds and rain.  I hope my shed roof doesn't come off  :hmm:

Michael Rolls

Fingers crossed for you ma'am. Here, the snow has at last stopped after a bit around six and a half hours
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

What a damp squib that wind was here near Ashby de la Zouch.
I had my tin hat on, my house building insurance policy clutched in my hand, candles at the ready for long power cuts and mobile fully charged and it's all blown over without any winds
to speak of.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Flying Bomb on February 18, 2022, 12:40:22 PM
What a damp squib that wind was here near Ashby de la Zouch.
I had my tin hat on, my house building insurance policy clutched in my hand, candles at the ready for long power cuts and mobile fully charged and it's all blown over without any winds
to speak of.

Tin hat on.. house building policy clutched in my hand.. !!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

My youngest has nearly arrived in Egypt, the plane is at 6,000 feet and the temperature is 21C.

My eldest is in a flat near Brighton and close to the sea front.  She reckons the flat is moving!  She normally goes swimming in the sea most days but probably not today!

1955vintage

The only thing in our back garden we liked when we moved in last year was a corkscrew tree. It is bending into the fence and looks like it will be  part of our neighbour's garden by the end of the day.

The Somerset coast is taking a battering.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

My son-in-law couldn't land at Gatwick from Portugal..
They were flown to Paris.. Later they will fly back to Portugal where a flight will be arranged to take them to Gatwick. !

He has just sent a text saying ' Aborted, scary landing at Gatwick..'

Scrumpy

Earlier today a mobile toilet was blown down the road from a nearby building site.. I went outside and took some pics.. Within 15 mins it was gone..
I reckon it was nicked by someone who was 'desperate to go'..  :grin:

zoony

I wonder what happened to the contents..

Quite wet here and a bit windy but nothing to speak of. Feel sorry for older folk in the South.

hugh

Hope everyone stayed safe. We are getting off light with winds of 70mph. Apart from rescuing wheelie bins I am remaining indoors. Roxy had to make do with the back garden. The peak of the storm now moving on.
Happy Golfer

Sheila

Our cat went out into the back garden, the wind caught his long fur and he turned and ran back in again!

Three men went wild swimming in The Mersey but the New Brighton coastguards made them come out of the water.  People have been warned to stay away from the coast and not to go to take photographs.

Scrumpy

Stupid people.. Brighton has also had idiots visit..

zoony

I think there's something to be said for letting people decide for themselves what's safe for them or not but of course that doesn't allow for idiots who risk the lives of others by pursuing their own thrills..

Alex

These were stupid people, I don't think anyone should need telling not to venture out in this

apocalypse city wallpaper

Michael Rolls

They were stupid enough to want to swim in that? Removal from the gene pool would do us all a favour!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]