Scamming the Scammer.

Started by Raven, June 30, 2023, 09:13:09 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I had a phone conversation today with a very nice young chap from Pakistan. This is how it went:
"Hello sir, how are you today?"
"I'm very well, thank you for asking. And how are you? And, more to the point, WHO are you?"
"Sir, my name is Sanjit, and I'm calling you from Microsoft".
"Microsoft, eh? Is that a city in Pakistan? How's the weather there today?"
" No, sir - MICROSOFT, the computer company. I'm calling to tell you that we have found a problem with your computer and -"
"REALLY?? Well, that's quite concerning......"
"Yes sir, it can become very serious indeed, but thankfully I will be able to fix it for you. Now, if you -"
"No, I meant it's very concerning because you see I don't HAVE a computer".
"You don't?"
"I don't".
"Ahh, it must be a problem on your laptop sir -"
"Don't have one".
"Ipad?"
"Nope".
"Tablet?"
"Nope, I have none of those things. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a telephone".
After a few seconds of silence he said "Ah, sir, you are lying to me now!"
I said "Well, you started it!!" and put the phone down.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

klondike

dextrous63

Ashy

GrannyMac

Brilliant!  🤣🤣

Call from a woman with an English accent from a Leeds telephone number yesterday. Her 'Hello, am I speaking to the home owner?'  Me 'no'. Dialling tone followed, and another scammer was blocked.   Checked online, lots of calls from that number about insulation.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

I love it when the scammers get all upset by the way we lead them up the garden path and hurl some choice comments at them.  My go to phrases nowadays include "can't you get a proper job" or "I bet your mother would be well proud of you".

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I have no landline now but even when I did the CallGuardian feature of my phone seemed to block them. The very few I have got I didn't bother leading them a merry dance I just hung up.

Michael Rolls

got one once a few years ago - Veronica was in hospital at the time - and managed to string him along for 23 minutes whilst he wasn't bothering anyone else
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]