Wales goes back to 30MPH

Started by Alex, April 21, 2024, 10:36:44 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

THe Welsh Government is at last holding their hands up, they got it wrong.   Roads where the 20mph was enforced will revert to 30mph, apart from sensible places like schools, hospitals and estates.   Not all good news though as Useless Yousaf is ensuring Scotland will have 20 mph limit by 2025

Daily Mail

klondike

Driving at 20 is quite hard work. Especially in an auto downhill. There is a 20 limit on a road near me. The limit is routinely ignored by most. Better to be looking out for pedestrians than on the speedo.

Michael Rolls

apart from safety areas like schools, 20 is stupid. Most ICE vehicles will be in a lower gear, creating more emissions for longer!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

muddy

Why do the Scot's put up with Useless  ?

dextrous63

I think it's part of the idea that elected people need to be seen to be doing something in order to get a name for themselves and justifying their salaries, despite the fact that this sometimes means they make ridiculous decisions at great expense and inconvenience to those who don't live in their air-headed ivory towers.

Ashy

According to Sir Humphrey Appleby, politicians are natural failures and activity is their substitute for success.

I've formed the opinion that our politicians live in a make believe world where they only have to dream to make it so, and they are all too easily influenced by others who are extremist campaigners. Nutcases to you and me.

klondike

Quote from: muddy on April 22, 2024, 07:46:52 AMWhy do the Scot's put up with Useless  ?
A lot of the useless has happened since the last election. You may as well as why do the British put up with stupid as Westminster is looking just as bad. I suspect that both the Tories and the SNP will be getting punished at the next election. If they don't then the electorates will be getting what they deserve.

JBR

Quote from: muddy on April 22, 2024, 07:46:52 AMWhy do the Scot's put up with Useless  ?
Their country, their choice, they have to live with it!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Judd

The SNP is only kept in power with the collusion of the Green Party. Once that partnership is dissolved, the SNP will be out on its ear.
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

klondike

i read that deal is being reconsidered....

Ruthio

It's 20mph in a lot of roads around here.
I find it easier now to keep my speed down since I read the tip 
20mph = 2nd gear, 
30mph = 3rd gear

Raven

BBC News - SNP should 'ditch' coalition says former minister Alex Neil - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0v0q757dr8o

dextrous63

Quote from: Ruthio on April 22, 2024, 05:44:15 PMIt's 20mph in a lot of roads around here.
20mph = 2nd gear,
30mph = 3rd gear
Hmm.  Just occurred to me that maybe the 20mph thing is actually an attempt to increase electric car ranges rather than the guff they've been trying to fob us off with🤷🏻�♂️

klondike

The stated objective is to reduce injury to pedestrians in the event of a collision which is less when hit at 20 than at 30. That doesn't consider that if a pedestrian stepping into the road is seen the vehicle will be breaking and may even have stopped - well unless they were not noticed as the driver was forever checking the speedo to avoid a fine.

JBR

Quote from: Ruthio on April 22, 2024, 05:44:15 PMIt's 20mph in a lot of roads around here.
20mph = 2nd gear,
30mph = 3rd gear
Yes, that's exactly the tip the instructor told me when I went on a (free) driving reminder course recently.
I stay in 3rd up to 30mph, then 4th up to 40.  Above that into 5th and, to be honest, hardly even go into 6th, probably because there are so many speed limits around here.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire