chris

Started by alfred, December 30, 2021, 10:04:03 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: 1955vintage on January 08, 2022, 08:30:11 AM
In his defence, Deep and Scatterbrain are back under control, rarely posting and not flaming.
Along with that well know trouble maker Scrumpy.....

Scrumpy

:grin:

Fame at last.. Chris is the first man to shut me up... :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

ME

Before "Deep and Scatterbrain" came on the scene there were occasional examples of "ganging up" and castigating members for things they had posted on other threads, sometimes weeks or even months ago. Poor examples of posting practice which would not be allowed on a properly moderated forum.

GrannyMac

Quote from: zoony on January 08, 2022, 02:18:33 AM
Hi ME.. My own experience of emailing Chris met a with similarly bland, disinterested responses including those complaining about the constant interruptions-to-service on PF. His putting certain members of PF under restrictions I thought high-handed and spiteful. They were my last straw.
PF has been a great friend over the last few difficult years and it makes me sad to say goodbye to it here.

You, unlike moi, at least got a reply to your email.  It all makes me sad.  I'll be staying with both for now.  I'm grateful that we had a forum member who is IT savvy enough to set up this forum, and genenerous enough with his time to do it.  Cheers k.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: ME on January 08, 2022, 04:16:52 PM
Before "Deep and Scatterbrain" came on the scene there were occasional examples of "ganging up" and castigating members for things they had posted on other threads, sometimes weeks or even months ago. Poor examples of posting practice which would not be allowed on a properly moderated forum.

Big Louis and Snoopy would agree with you there ME   :1020:

Scrumpy

Quote from: ME on January 08, 2022, 04:16:52 PM

ganging up.. castigating members for things they have posted on other threads.

I think you will find the ganging up only happened when the (said) offender  made remarks about the site and its members..
If a person joins a site knowing what the site is for and the people it is meant to attract why be amazed when conversations include Weather.. Gardens and Housework..  :nooo:
Bl and Snoopy would certainly agree with you.. :wink: :wink:

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 08, 2022, 05:53:09 PM
You, unlike moi, at least got a reply to your email.  It all makes me sad.  I'll be staying with both for now.  I'm grateful that we had a forum member who is IT savvy enough to set up this forum, and genenerous enough with his time to do it.  Cheers k.

Well said indeed.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Thanks for the thanks everybody. As I've said a few times it's something I enjoy doing. Some sort of masochistic streak I suppose. There has been some swearing at times. Hopefully the email is sorted now as I think I got around the leap up spammer about warning. I've sent mails to gmail yahoo and hotmail and none of them moaned.  I do need to look through the T&C of the provider as it is naturally enough running on a free account.