Bean to cup

Started by klondike, January 28, 2022, 09:08:35 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: zoony on January 28, 2022, 02:23:03 PM

And that's snobbish. You have it the way you like it then I'm not wrong for wanting it the way I like it..and screw the 'purists'..

Snobbish ?  sod off Zoony  :nooo:

zoony

Help! Verbal abuse, verbal abuse! Nurse!!
Sure it is.. 'sacrilege'? I prefer instant, should I be put to death? (Don't answer that!)..
  :nooo:  yerself.

Alex

I've instant in the cupboard for emergencies, has to be Douwe Egberts though :halo:

zoony

Snap! And I keep my ginger nuts in one of the empty jars.. :wink:

Alex

I have trouble with those jars.... hard to get them open.

Scrumpy

Douwe Egbert !! . Horrible jars.. I even changed my coffee brand because the struggle to get them open..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

That's what I've got as an emergency jar although now hopefully won't need it. There was one that was just powder I liked that seemed to vanish. Nescafe Espresso iirc. The Douwe Egbert jars keep stuff fresh and I didn't find them especially hard to open.

zoony

They're not.. Just weak-wristed women..which is a little surprising.. :hmm:

GrannyMac

I like a latte if I'm out, but we just have instant at home, Alto Rica, and we both mainly drink tea.  Son has a Nespresso machine, he likes it strong. We have a small kitchen, really don't have room for a counter top machine. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

and at £300 why would you?...we're pensioners tha knows..
and if your ginger nuts are in an empty jar, tha needs to order some more
ginger nuts that is not empty jars... :smiley:

Scrumpy

Ginger Nuts in empty jars .. !! A biscuit tin for me.. they hold more..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

We have a biscuit barrel for our ginger nuts! 😂 only about 30p a packet in Lidl.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on January 28, 2022, 11:00:00 AM
It maybe depends on whether you intend  to make coffees that include frothy milk. Cleaning the milk stuff on some can be a pain. I chose one that has very little in the way of milk frothing gear. You put milk directly into the cup, pull down the frother and press the button. When made I detach the frother and take it and the cup to the sink bowl (cup catching any remaining drips) then I rinse and dry the frother and put it back on the machine for next time.

As they go it wasn't an expensive machine but compared to filter machines or pod machines it is stupidly so. The JL advert although I got mine from Currys as they are just down the road. One thing about all of them is that they are big. If considering any of them check the size.

https://www.johnlewis.com/siemens-ti351209gb-eq-300-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-black/p5075143?sku=238835480&s_ppc=2dx92700056708960227&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

None of the women with whom I've had a relationship would ever drink anything produced by Siemens.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Spit not swallow eh? Back on form then Phil.

zoony

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 29, 2022, 03:00:12 PM
We have a biscuit barrel for our ginger nuts! 😂 only about 30p a packet in Lidl.

At Morrisons too.. Exactly the same biscuit as far as one can tell.
Those colourful wrappers must be hellishly expensive to produce..
I also keep peanuts and cashews in them..