Reacher

Started by Michael Rolls, February 04, 2022, 09:25:12 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

There will be differences as I don't use a torrent client and don't know any shortcuts or even if they all behave the same way.

As you you left click that suggests that the client is set as the thing that handles magnet links just as browsers handle web links.     I copy the link across to another website so would never left click. I'll check if the install made the association on my machine and if it did alter the write up as yours is simpler. I don't think I'm  going to bother writing up my way of doing it so references to that will go.

Do you leave the client seeding or just knock it on the head once you have the download  as those reference could go too.

My history of downloading goes back to dialup bulletin boards before there was any internet. Then once the internet arrived I took the putlocker route as those dodgy solicitors were extorting money from torrent users. Putlockers lead to me using real-debrid for downloads which I continued to use after most of the putlocker sites got put out of business.

Sheila

We started to watch Reacher last night.  Paul thought it wasn't my sort of programme but I was happy doing an online jigsaw.  I looked at the actor who was playing Reacher and decided that he was easy on the eye and I may watch but after a short while, we both decided it was rubbish and turned it off.

zoony

My downloading goes on until I remember to clear the page so the seeding does the same. I know nowt other than what my little brother told/showed me when he showed me how to use a computer..

zoony

Quote from: Sheila on February 06, 2022, 09:02:22 AM
We started to watch Reacher last night.  Paul thought it wasn't my sort of programme but I was happy doing an online jigsaw.  I looked at the actor who was playing Reacher and decided that he was easy on the eye and I may watch but after a short while, we both decided it was rubbish and turned it off.

Perhaps they should've paid Lee Child to write the screenplays.. but they'd still have had to hire a decent actor.

Michael Rolls

Zoony
Have you read the books? To my mind, whilst not perfect (apart from Brian, who is?) Richson gives a reasonable portrayal of the book Reacher who is a taciturn man - never use two words where one will do sort of character
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

I've only read 3 of 'em Mike but they're much better than this series.. My only complaint, other than the fella acts like a pebble, is a lack of menace or intent. At one point a thug threatening to beat his woman was cowed by a long look that had about as much menace as a collie puppy.. But we can agree to disagree. :smiley:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Michael Rolls

Didn't read all of it, but what I did read echoed my own sentiments
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

Never mind Mike we both enjoyed Reacher, so just hope we get more rubbish to enjoy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

That's how I see it. In fact, in a few day's time might watch it again!
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Season two is on Amazon Prime. I mistakenly thought it was complete but only 5 of 8 episodes are on there with episode 6 due on January 6th

Typical Reacher. Good mindless fun.

Michael Rolls

thanks - must check it out
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I watched the first 6 episodes and they were OK but somehow didn't grip me the first series in the way the that series did. Just watched episodes 7 & 8 WOW more than made up. Rally touched by the donation in memory of Maisie, Swan's poor Alsatian - although I hoped for  that from the book - pleased that they included it
[email protected]

klondike

I wasn't overly impressed tbh. Easy way to spend a few hours but that's about it. A lot was pretty much BS but that was to be expected.