£350 a month to take in Ukrainian refugees

Started by Alex, March 13, 2022, 04:29:08 PM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Quote from: Diasi on March 14, 2022, 08:24:56 AM
I think it's per family for what is, in effect, 81 quid a week

I certainly wouldn't take in an entire family, maybe a woman with one girl.

And I'd want the paying the same amount as the Government pay to house & feed a dinghy boy.

It's something that a high-earning Cheshire family, with a big house, could do quite easily.

You are right again Diasi, the government are expecting us to look after these poor people on the cheap for £350 a month whilst they must be spending £350 a week housing dingey boys in hotels. Women and children from a real war zone are being descriminated against in favour of fit young men, its very wrong.

Scrumpy

Heard that some of the wealthy homes left empty by wealthy Russians might be up for grabs..
How ironic is that..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

you asre all woosies...
i have offered to take two 16/17 year old girls, i dont want any money...

klondike

I hope they deliver a defibrillator with them.  :grin:

Possibly an instruction manual too?
Not for the defibrillator  :grin:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on March 14, 2022, 08:07:50 AM
Such a shame that you've felt the need to seize on the totally false racism element.

The simple reason that I'd accept a Ukrainian over a non-Ukranian is that I consider that the non-Ukranians shouldn't have been in the Ukraine in the first place, just as I don't consider that the dinghy boys should be in the UK.

My home, my choice.

Many are students who have paid for the privilege of being there.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

After the attempts by Belarus to flood the Polish border with Syrians , I am concerned that a large number of refugees claiming to be Ukrainian will come across from Belarus via Ukraine with a Koran in their hand and murder in their heart.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Quote from: Jacqueline on March 14, 2022, 10:15:11 AM

You are right again Diasi, the government are expecting us to look after these poor people on the cheap for £350 a month whilst they must be spending £350 a week housing dingey boys in hotels. Women and children from a real war zone are being descriminated against in favour of fit young men, its very wrong.

I've seen no expectation that people will take in refugees. Volunteers were stepping up before money was even mentioned.

GrannyMac

Quote from: crabbyob on March 14, 2022, 10:28:01 AM
you asre all woosies...
i have offered to take two 16/17 year old girls, i dont want any money...

Good luck with that crabbyob!  :grin:

Flying Bomb

We all know that there are good and bad people the World over.
I don't suppose that Ukrainians are any different from anyone else,
in this respect as much as I feel so sorry for them.

At my age I wouldn't think of taking someone in but if I
did, I would hope that I didn't take in a bad one who would eventually refuse to leave. etc.

That would be a civil matter and only the courts could
eventually give an order to leave.
Even then bailiffs may be required.

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on March 14, 2022, 12:45:00 PM
After the attempts by Belarus to flood the Polish border with Syrians , I am concerned that a large number of refugees claiming to be Ukrainian will come across from Belarus via Ukraine with a Koran in their hand and murder in their heart.

So agree with this comment.   

I read this morning that the south and south east of England has taken only 6% of all refugees, the rest have been sent up north.  But the Government/local authorities are building multi storey blocks of flats on any ex Tesco car park they can find.  Unfortunately, they're not investing in any new schools, hospitals or surgeries to go with the new accommodation.

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 13, 2022, 07:07:32 PM

I would rather open my home up to these desperate people then any of those that come into the country illegally ...

The dinghy boys may not want to share your house Scrumpy, you're not muslim and I don't think they like to share with infidels.

klondike

Quote from: 1955vintage on March 14, 2022, 12:45:00 PM
Which is presumably why we are insisting on normal visa procedures being followed and getting a load of stick over that.

Alex

Diasi

Quote from: Flying Bomb on March 14, 2022, 01:18:34 PM
We all know that there are good and bad people the World over.
I don't suppose that Ukrainians are any different from anyone else,
in this respect as much as I feel so sorry for them.

At my age I wouldn't think of taking someone in but if I
did, I would hope that I didn't take in a bad one who would eventually refuse to leave. etc.
That would be a civil matter and only the courts could
eventually give an order to leave.
Even then bailiffs may be required.

Not so, their status in the house will be as an excluded occupier, which, in laymen's terms means they have no right of residence so the rules of a tenant eviction don't apply.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 14, 2022, 12:42:21 PM
Many are students who have paid for the privilege of being there.

Well I would think that the sensible assumption would be that the student went back to the country from which he came to study in the Ukraine.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]