More heatwave hysteria

Started by Michael Rolls, July 18, 2022, 06:19:25 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Alex

Last night was the worst night ever !  I had a fan on all night, window wide open, in the shower 3 times through the night, and it was still unbearable.  I went out in the garden about 2am just in a strappy cotton nightie, bloody security lights lit my way over to a chair on the patio  :grin: Not a pretty sight so hope my neighbours weren't doing the same !

This morning the sun is still beating down but we have a breeze so feels a little cooler than yesterday.

GrannyMac

I've never known indoor heat like it.  No breeze here last night, the fan wasn't that effectual, but I was shattered, and actually slept a few hours. Cooler today, and the pool at the leisure centre felt amazing!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I was more comfortable yesterday than I have been for some of today. The temperature is down but the humidity is well up. Not so bad now though. 

-Oy-

It's been lovely here today. Overcast so no harsh sunlight. A strong sea breeze but temp about 23deg - much more pleasant than yesterday.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on July 19, 2022, 07:28:26 PMRAF Coningsby at 40.3c.

I suppose all the official figures have to come from an official weather station but some places will have been considerably hotter.
Considering that the measuring device is apparently half way down the runway there may not have been.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/07/20/climate-alarmists-turn-up-the-heat-as-temperature-records-broken-at-british-airports/

Michael Rolls

Not at all surprised - the doom mongers will say anything to support their idiotic, expensive push for 'net zero'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 20, 2022, 12:35:40 PMLast night was the worst night ever !  I had a fan on all night, window wide open, in the shower 3 times through the night, and it was still unbearable.  I went out in the garden about 2am just in a strappy cotton nightie, bloody security lights lit my way over to a chair on the patio  :grin: Not a pretty sight so hope my neighbours weren't doing the same !

This morning the sun is still beating down but we have a breeze so feels a little cooler than yesterday.

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 20, 2022, 09:48:24 AMWe had a darkness descend at around 8pm last evening.. I heard a couple of raindrops on the sun roof..  a rumble of thunder in the distance.. I thought.. this is it.. a storm to end all storms.
NOTHING..
The hottest night yet.. bloody horrible.. Good job we are not at war in this heat .. we would never cope....

Ladies at least get your bedrooms air conditioned, it could honestly be a life saver and don't say its not worth it for a few days a year, it's really wonderful to escape to a cool room to sleep in, Don't get the silly, awkward fill up cabinet things. Go for a proper inverter cabinet outside and an inside wall fan unit (remote control), which connects via a small pipe. I had aircon in the UK for over 30 years and it's amazing how fresh it makes you feel all year round.

Remember its the elevated humidity levels that are the real discomforter these days anyway! Plus its a super way to heat a bedroom too in the winter. You can get a room done for a small capital cost and it takes an installer no more than three hours to fit them (£250) and its so simple. I attach a link to see how cheap these things are nowadays. And their only 1.5KWh units so cheap to run. I had them in four rooms and had two invector cabinets (outside), linked to 4 inside wall units. Personally I'd recommend Fujitsu, perhaps 20% more, but the Rolls Royce, along with Toshiba.  In all that time, the only thing I ever replaced were the rubber strips (like windscreen wiper blades) that fitted on the vent strips in the wall units!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164904799176?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Thank you Cassandra.. It all sounds so wonderful..
But I was only a Dinner Lady.. in my previous life..
And I think Alex was something connected with numbers..
And pensioners were last in the queue when they dished out the money..
 We are tough old birds though.. They don't make them like us anymore.. We will fight on..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

OK, heres a solemn promise in front of a few witnesses.  I'll leave you both the money in my will to have this job undertaken, about £800 (adjusted for inflation) if I go first!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:   I wish you , as I wish for myself,  a long and healthy life...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

All back to normal now - it's raining Gott sei Dank !
But thank you for the link Cass I've saved it, just incase  :upvote:
 :smiley:

klondike

It was good value though. A couple of hot days. A couple of even hotter days. Something to talk about for a couple of weeks. We'll likely be referring back to it for a few years to come too. Hopefully not by saying we only got a couple of really hot days in 2022 and look at it now.

Probably Old Nick giving Boris a leaving do.