More heatwave hysteria

Started by Michael Rolls, July 18, 2022, 06:19:25 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I was out at 0730 to take advantage of the cool - still not as hot as forecast = well, not yet, but it is supposed to peak around 1400-1500.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Michael Rolls

Actually, at the moment, it is really pleasant outside, although we have another 3-4 hours before the forecast peak.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

30 deg in the house at the moment. 34 deg outside. It'll probably hit 36-7.

I feel for my daughter down in Cambridge. It's going to be a lot hotter there!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Raven

Bit cooler here this morning but I still took Dageus out at 5.30am before I went to the pool.

klondike

37 out 29.5 in. Outdoor humidity only 24% and 40% inside so I have west facing patio door open. I reckon the low humidity trumps the temperature. I didn't have a fan going til mid afternoon yesterday but it's been going at least an hour today already.

This is called summer. It does similar things most years and always has although today may set a new high. 

Floydy

Diasi

37c outside, 30.5c in the upstairs thermostat room & 26.5c in the downstairs thermostat room.

I can't say I find it all that troubling, except for our external alarm sounder triggering as the heat is affecting the tamper switch as the plastic body must be expanding beyond the limits.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

Just made my fourth batch of ice cream. Vanilla, strawberry and cherry with choc chunks and a raspberry sorbet to die for ( add lime).

This heat wave has been fun.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Cassandra

Its 26 here right now (10am), with 70% humidity and a cool breeze, set to break 30 perhaps this afternoon. The three dogs alternate between baking themselves in the Conservatory then cooling off under the Air-Con unit!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

My weather station graph shows today's peak is probably passed now. It was 40.3 and is now 40 with a humidity of 19%. 30.9 in lounge and humidity 34%. 

I haven't felt particularly uncomfortable at any time. Best place is in the cellar where it is a lot cooler. No thermometer down there and I forgot to take one when I was there earlier.

Scrumpy

38c outside. 34c inside..
My fan is merrily whirling around..
Memories of popping down to the creek spring to mind..
Sometimes a nosey shark would make an appearance..

Far too hot for me..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I hate to think what the temperature might be in my loft....

Scrumpy

Don't even go there.. !!

I have a road sign that stands in my front garden.. I made it myself and the pointers (arrows) name places and distances.. It is painted of many colours .. I would post it here but I don't know how..
I have one that reads    Neverland .. second star on the left...
Round the Co-op... Chuck a left..
and my latest is.      Don't Even Go There..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I won't. I was curious about the cellar though and checked. Just goes to show how everything is relative. The nice cool cellar is actually 26 to 27c. If asked to guess I'd have put it at 20.