planting trees,.even hedge rows

Started by alfred, December 31, 2021, 10:24:36 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

I've lost over a stone in the last year.  I was so poorly in 2020 I hardly moved some days. But once the leisure centre reopened, plus the charity shop where I volunteer, I upped my activity levels again.  We eat sensibly most of the time, but my sweet tooth has been in overdrive at Christmas!  Time to get it back in chek.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I did start using scales about the start of 2021 after I got some Salter ones cheap from Lidl. They connect to a phone and give your weight and lots of other stuff they probably make up (at £12 i don't expect dietician grade) That all gets squirrelled away by the app to fuel a future guilt trip.

It went down by 6lb and I smiled. Then it went back up and I stopped smiling. Going down again now surprisingly and I'm smiling again. Still not down to the previous low and about a stone and a half more than when I was 40.

Perhaps I shouldn't look

Scrumpy

I don't have any bathroom scales.. No point.. I only have to look in the mirror..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Michael Rolls

Quote from: 1955vintage on January 02, 2022, 08:18:07 AM
I was 12st 7 lb at the start of lockdown. This morning I was 15st 8lb.

I need to do something involving exercise and eat less.
It would seem a good idea, sir
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

My BMI is on the high side of normal but I am just not as fit as I was.  It started when I didn't leave the house for six weeks and I haven't really got my strength back.  i think this b....y covid has a lot to answer for.  I just can't get myself going.  I look at exercises on Youtube and think I'll do that but then I don't.  I used to do Yoga regularly and started an online class only to discover that I can no longer sit cross legged.

crabbyob

if i have been inactive then the new watch buzzes and a wee man appears doing exercises...lol... so if i am alone i get up and do 50 on the stepper... lol... inside i'm an athelete, but not all the way down to my legs... [2110]

klondike

Hmmm..   get up and do 50 on the stepper... lol... inside  did you by chance miss off "my head"?  :grin:

crabbyob

nope, i'm an un-honed athelete... like an un-coiled spring

Scrumpy

I still do my stepper crabbyob.. sometimes.. I reckon I walk to the top of the road and back.. :grin:

My step in shower packed up on Christmas day.. I have a hand held one in the bath.. bloody thing .. no power at all.. It's been a laugh and a farce.. Today I filled the bath and got in..Didn't enjoy it much because I spent the time HOPING that I would be able to get out..
With much determination and one swift move I got up and out ... I was well chuffed.. Might try it again tomorrow.. If I am brave enough..

Scrumpy

Quote from: Sheila on January 02, 2022, 11:56:45 AM
My BMI is on the high side of normal but I am just not as fit as I was.  It started when I didn't leave the house for six weeks and I haven't really got my strength back.  i think this b....y covid has a lot to answer for.  I just can't get myself going.  I look at exercises on Youtube and think I'll do that but then I don't.  I used to do Yoga regularly and started an online class only to discover that I can no longer sit cross legged.

b....y covid....

Sheila.. I have filled in the gaps..  is it Bloody ?