money saving ideas.

Started by alfred, March 02, 2022, 07:36:49 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 03, 2022, 11:52:04 AM
I guess it's not a 'must have' gadget, but I find it useful - no more soggy carrots or leeks.

I bought one on your recommendation getting on for two years ago & I use it quite regularly for splitting up & vacuum packing items that are too much for one person but have to be eaten in a few days once opened.

I also vacuum pack individual items I freeze as it prevents freezer burn & they don't stick together.

A consider a vacuum sealer is well worth having.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

that's interesting - think I'll have a look
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I just cling film things I freeze.

Scrumpy

I stick things in a freezer bag and freeze.. Then I forget about them.. I get excited if I find something 'interesting'..
Why does pork go off colour quickly when frozen..?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

alfred

My son who lives on his own also uses the hot water in a kettle and saves this in a thermos flask ,other times he uses the spare hot water for washing up,

other ideas is that to get more frozen food into a freezer he put the food in to plastic bags and marks them with what they contain and throws away the card board packaging which goes to the council for recycling,

klondike

I don't get left over hot water in a kettle. I bought an instant water heater from Aldi or Lidl that just heats what you need at the time.