Reform polling

Started by klondike, March 25, 2024, 09:45:50 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 25, 2024, 05:21:39 PMIf they get a proper thrashing then a lot will be moving on from politics. As most are closet LibDems that is no bad thing imo.
Yes, it could pan out that only the Tory Tories are left with a seat & that would be a starting point for a rebuild of the Party.

I shall still vote for Reform as we do have a Reform candidate standing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

They say they are standing everywhere. A single vote decides nothing but at least you can say "I never voted for that shower" when Labour get in.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 25, 2024, 05:27:27 PMThey say they are standing everywhere. A single vote decides nothing but at least you can say "I never voted for that shower" when Labour get in.
Well I suppose I have to be honest & declare that's my only realistic benefit from voting for Reform but I do genuinely want them to win.

However, I think that's the bit where it becomes a dream.

March 25, 2024, 05:48:07 PM
It's funny times we're living in as the Tories aren't Tories & Labour Aren't Labour.

Well not as we know it as, I think, someone in Star Trek said along those lines.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: JBR on March 25, 2024, 02:48:41 PMThis, of course, is the problem with 'two-party politics'.  Each constituency can elect only one MP. 

Regardless of the number of votes given to Reform, they need to have over half of the votes in any single constituency in order to gain an MP.

A far more equitable system would elect a number of MPs of any party according to the number of votes obtained nationally.

Nevertheless, if a sufficient number of people are sick and tired of both 'main parties', they should vote for Reform.  That is, of course, it they want to save the country.
Wouldn't say that the current lot are that good!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There seem to be plenty who have no idea what Reform are on Quora. Mind you that does seem to be full of lefty remainers. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 25, 2024, 06:27:16 PMThere seem to be plenty who have no idea what Reform are on Quora. Mind you that does seem to be full of lefty remainers.
Therein lies one big problem.
Despite all the mention of Reform in the news, TV and papers, so many people still apparently haven't even heard of them.

Well, what will be will be, and if Labour get in this year people will finally realise they have blown their last chance, because I dread to think what Labour will do, even to our electoral system.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

This is a strong Conservative area.. It will be interesting to see how the voters react.. I doubt they would turn to Labour.. and they would fear voting Reform should Labour benefit .  They fear change, so stick to what they know..

I , for one, will vote Reform..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Interesting, I didn't know this, but it doesn't surprise me.

klondike

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 26, 2024, 10:09:40 AMThis is a strong Conservative area.. It will be interesting to see how the voters react.. I doubt they would turn to Labour.. and they would fear voting Reform should Labour benefit .  They fear change, so stick to what they know..

I , for one, will vote Reform..
I think that most Tories, at least those who think rather than just continue to follow what their mums and dads always did, will realise that a vote for the Conservative Party is simply asking for more damage to the country.

Hopefully, if they are old enough, they might also be aware for the damage done by BLiar and Brown, and consider what a vote for Labour would achieve.

I can only hope that they have the will and the good sense to vote for Reform, as we now need a new political party like never before.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on March 26, 2024, 12:04:26 PMInteresting, I didn't know this, but it doesn't surprise me.

Very little changes in reality, just the portrayers ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...