Hasta la Vista ..

Started by Scrumpy, October 21, 2022, 06:43:55 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on October 22, 2022, 03:10:32 PMJohnson is not only an Economic illiterate, he's unfit for any Public office on a range of issues, which is why he could be re-elected, reflecting the level of degradation and dishonour that the Conservatives have sunk too. 

You may well be correct, but I have spent 20 years working on building sites & I can say, from my personal knowledge, that the lads in the North East building site canteens, who wouldn't have pissed on a burning Tory previously, accepted Boris because he came across as a bit of a non-conformist 'Jack the Lad' & helped to secure his Red Wall seat victories.

They won't vote for Sunak, with his reported £730 million, numerous homes all over the world & his Richmond area home with a swimming pool that's reported to cost £14,000 a year to heat.

These blokes don't do woke PC academic debates & couldn't care less about Boris's wallpaper or a few drinks at number 10, but you never see them being interviewed on any political panel shows.

The ones that we see being interviewed are the 'right-on' Tarquin & Arabella Jefferson-Smyths from Surbiton, not Wayne & Chantel Higgins from Sunderland.

If Sunak become PM the Tories will definitely lose every single Red Wall seat & the General Election.

If Boris returns as PM the Tories stand a chance of not losing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

You should have watched Farage's show on Thursday from Deal. At one point there was a show of hands on how many would support a return of Boris. The result surprised Farage and the GBNews politics bloke with him. I won't spoil it for you by telling you what it was. If you don't want to watch it all start at about 35 minutes in.

Alex

I saw the programme, if they'd been broadcasting from Sunderland and not Deal, the show of hands may have been different. :upvote:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 23, 2022, 01:56:09 PMI saw the programme, if they'd been broadcasting from Sunderland and not Deal, the show of hands may have been different. :upvote:

Thanks for the video clip Alex.

The young little twat who pops up at 35 minutes & doesn't look grown up enough to be wiping his own arse without help from his Mummy, is a typical example of a Tarquin Jefferson-Smyth.

All the audience looked like Prosecco drinking dinner party types & their views are all that the viewers watching the programme will hear.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

There was a Yougov poll on Boris' return as PM on Friday.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2022/10/21/10727/1

For me he blew it with his open doors immigration and net zero mania quite apart from his apparent inability to ever tell the truth.

Ashy

The Deal audience didn't want Boris back but they didn't want sunak either. If there is a competent conservative in the conservative party they don't want to be leader, whilst the ambitious ones don't suit anyone.

Deal has become a dormitory town since it lost its fishing industry and gained access to HS1 trains to London. Probably has the demographic of Canary Wharf these days.

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on October 23, 2022, 06:31:16 PMIf there is a competent conservative in the conservative party they don't want to be leader, whilst the ambitious ones don't suit anyone.
It would take quite an optimist to believe that they could turn round both the economic tsunami that is coming and also have the electorate forget the absolute chaos this party has produced over the last year.

I don't believe there actually is anybody within the ranks of the Tories with the skills needed to pull that off and if there were I imagine they would be lying low anyway because leaders who lose elections don't often remain leaders and the chances of winning next time are slim to nil.

I firmly believe that we could be seeing the end of the party itself. Whatever happens I can't believe that they will win the next election.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 23, 2022, 04:32:14 PMThere was a Yougov poll on Boris' return as PM on Friday.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2022/10/21/10727/1

For me he blew it with his open doors immigration and net zero mania quite apart from his apparent inability to ever tell the truth.
But YouGov polls don't mean anything to the lads in the North East building site huts & the poll is a million miles away from what my MP thinks & from how my local Party association will be voting.

Unless the brown envelopes stop us from getting the chance to vote.
[email protected]

klondike

I'm past caring which route the Conservative and Unionist Party takes now. I think the destination is pretty much fixed already.

Ashy

The government are very busy trying to take away our freedoms and rights behind all these shinanigans.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 23, 2022, 08:30:41 PMI'm past caring which route the Conservative and Unionist Party takes now. I think the destination is pretty much fixed already.
Now that Boris has dropped out I'm pinning my hopes on it being a vote for the Indian or for Penny Mordaunt.

If the Indian gets in the Tory Party is finished & I'll resign my membership.
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on October 24, 2022, 08:59:09 AMIf the Indian gets in the Tory Party is finished & I'll resign my membership.
Bradford Nil Points
etc.
etc.
etc.

Scrumpy

Rishi Sunak !!
He only got the job because he was the last man standing..
Nothing to brag about there.. He couldn't even beat Liz Truss..

All very, very strange.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'm sure that the MPs considered him the best amongst their huge pool of talented individuals all capable of uniting the country and the party while solving the economic, energy, NHS, police, transgender, illegal migration, etc. etc. etc. issues blindfold. They were so united that none would stand against him. All hail Fishy Rishi the best man for leadership of the sinking ship of state.

We should all be prepared to be amazed at the future path we will tread under this Goliath of a PM.

Ashy

Why would so many elected MPs appoint a person with no personality or talent, whom nobody likes, to the top job, if they didn't want him to take the blame for something awful, and he was stupid enough to put his anatomy in such a position that it will certainly be kicked?