Ladies Day..

Started by Scrumpy, March 13, 2024, 09:46:35 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

......at Cheltenham is no more..
It is now called Style Wednesday. This will include all people of all genders (too many to write down) to dress up as they see fit and parade around..
The male species will be out in their frocks.. and lippy... And heels that they still haven't mastered  how to walk in properly..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 13, 2024, 09:46:35 AMAnd heels that they still haven't mastered  how to walk in properly..
I remember a night in Blackpool years back where it seemed plenty of the ladies hadn't either although it's possible they were steadier earlier in the evening. The drag queens put them to shame.

GrannyMac

Doncaster races still has Ladies Day during Leger week in September.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Bit of future proofing....

Doncaster races currently  still has Ladies Day during Leger week in September.

March 13, 2024, 02:19:08 PM
That night in Blackpool has a story to it. My wife had booked us into a hotel on Blackpool as a birthday present with the intention of seeing the lights. There wasn't much of a show as we drove in so I asked the receptionist when the lights came on. She said September. Seems they go off end of October. My birthday is in December. We went pubbing instead. 3 nights iirc.

GrannyMac

Oops. ☺️   Not been to Blackpool for years!

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 13, 2024, 05:55:18 PMOops. ☺️  Not been to Blackpool for years!
I haven't been there for donkeys' years, and I surely won't ever go there again.  The pits.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 13, 2024, 09:46:35 AM......at Cheltenham is no more..
It is now called Style Wednesday. This will include all people of all genders (too many to write down) to dress up as they see fit and parade around..
The male species will be out in their frocks.. and lippy... And heels that they still haven't mastered  how to walk in properly..

Heavens above the women are bad enough looking like a load of drunken streetwalkers .
Who do they think they are Hollywood stars ? 

Scrumpy

I like to see the hats being worn at Ascot on Ladies Day..

I have never been to Blackpool..  It seems to be all pubs and amusement arcades.. and lots of noise .. Not my sort of thing..

Alex

When I was a teenager Blackpool was exciting I remember standing for ages outside the Imperial Hotel waiting for a glimpse of the Beatles.  The Pleasure Beach, the Tower, I think at one time there was a TV show called Blackpool Night Out or something like that.  Last time I was there I just thought what a dump.

Having said that, lots of our towns have become dumps, it's not just Blackpool !

Back on topic , two horses died on the first day at Cheltenham

muddy

This is so sad the jumps are too big and dangerous .
Horses despite their size are quite delicate animals they have thin legs they were not designed to jump huge fences in adverse conditions with a weight on their back .
They were plains animals .

Sometimes I hate people we enslave people we enslave animals .
Two  horses dead for nothing more than entertainment .

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on March 14, 2024, 09:41:30 AMWhen I was a teenager Blackpool was exciting I remember standing for ages outside the Imperial Hotel waiting for a glimpse of the Beatles.  The Pleasure Beach, the Tower, I think at one time there was a TV show called Blackpool Night Out or something like that.  Last time I was there I just thought what a dump.

Having said that, lots of our towns have become dumps, it's not just Blackpool !

Back on topic , two horses died on the first day at Cheltenham
We took the kids on a coach trip to see the lights, about forty years ago! OH worked in a few of the clubs there, when it was still thriving.  Last time we went was years ago, to see a dance competition in the Tower Ballroom. OHs brother and his wife were keen dancers, still do a bit in their 70s. 

Scrumpy

The Tower Ballroom.. looks so grand.. 
I only made it as far as The Orchid Ballroom Purley..
We thought it was brilliant.. A large crystal ball above the dance floor and live bands.. Wide carpeted stairs leading down to the ballroom.. Very posh..
We either hitch hiked or went on the bus.. Good old days..

muddy

Oh shyte
I remember the Orchid Purley and getting the last bus home .🙂