A litter’l quandary

Started by dextrous63, April 21, 2024, 10:08:54 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

You may, or may not, recall that I go out most days litter picking for an hour.  I tend to find what one might expect to find...drink bottles, cans, sweet packets, crisp packets, ciggie dimps, and a remarkable number of tissues.  I also find large elastic bands on a regular basis (postmen tend to drop these), and random other things such as those large cream charger cans that youths use to give them a "fix".

But one thing that I find several of whenever I go out really kinda confuses me.  Perhaps you can shed light on it.....

Cable ties.  Used, unused, different colours.  Why would anyone need to drop them as they walk or drive along a road?  What were they being used for?  Beats me🤷🏻�♂️

Alex

BT working in junction boxes ? MANWEB fixing street lighting, although one would hope not with cable ties  :smiley: how odd.

klondike

No idea why you'd find them as litter but I buy them in 100 bags from Toolstation and cut across about an inch at the top. I guarantee if I'm doing a job using them at some point I'll have the bag upside down and the number that can slide out in no time flat is quite staggering.