My Pet Subject !

Started by Alex, April 24, 2022, 09:49:36 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

A relative was driven out of her house eventually after a mosque was built opposite her house.

Scrumpy

Alex

If you live near a mosque, there's no point in ringing the police about noise, or cars blocking your driveway.  The Cheshire Police answer is "it's only for a few hours on a Friday"  well no it's not !  sometimes it's 2'oclock in the morning with car doors banging and people shouting, plus with their sense of entitlement they seem to think they have the right to park wherever they want.  Infuriating.

klondike

HMOs are pretty much the same except it's less people. Planning permission was granted for one a couple of doors away. Apart from the overflowing bins on public display there is no impact on me but they are driving my neighbour to distraction with doors constantly banging (fire doors on automatic closers) and parties till god only knows when. They are all students and seem to know those in another across the road. Students. All foreign but could be British born I suppose. The landlord has agreed not to renew their tenancy for the next academic year.

GrannyMac

HMOs can be a nightmare, shared responsibility often means no one takes any and they end up like hovels. Parking around mosques is often a nightmare.  Hopefully none has been given planning permission recently without adequate parking in the proposals.  I live near a football ground, another parking nightmare.  Fortunately not every week!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

This was the one over the road which I have complained about more than once.

This is the one I recently complained about.  I don't want it getting as bad as the other. The bin men won't take excess bags so they get left behind. The blue lidded bin in the garden isn't due until the following week by which time more will have built up and be left in bags. Apart from being an eyesore I imagine there is every chance that it will attract vermin.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Disgusting. The landlord has responsibility for making sure his/her tenants dispose of their rubbish responsibly.  Extra or larger bins are usually available, although there might be a cost involved.   HMOs generate a lot more income than single dwellings, and if the landlord is a) not  carrying out regular inspections, and b) not arranging for clear ups, I'd be getting on to the council before the vermin appear. 

Horrible for the neighbour next door.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There is a warden here apparently. The council set a cap of 10% HMOs (3 or more tenants) within 50m of one. That one just scraped in but my neighbour thinks another unregistered one is in the next street within the 50m.

There was mention of a surge in foreign students entering the country this year on Farage with Nigeria being mentioned. My bet is that the two HMOs I mentioned are housing part of that surge.

Still better than a mosque though IMO. There is a church just down the road and the hall gets let out to all sorts. About the only ones not giving it much custom is probably CofE. A dieing religion (literally).

Scrumpy

I am so, so pleased that none of the bigger houses near me take in (lodgers)..
It looks unsightly and what once was a beautiful dwelling becomes an eyesore..
It causes property prices to tumble..
I am happy to be (not posh) living in a (posh) area..

klondike

They aren't lodgers. The landlord (soddit done it again) doesn't live in them. There is a communal kitchen and bathroom and each room is a bedsit.

The houses here are big, old and not high value. Typically unmodernised ones get bought up cheap and converted. If you are lucky that conversion is into two flats which is not a problem but annoyingly such a house gets counted as two in the 90% that must not be HMOs as does the Vets because that had an upstairs flat which is unused.

Alex

A 3 bed house across the road from me was bought by a builder, made into 5 bedrooms with a loft conversion and let out straight away to students.  The students were really nice kids, never any trouble with them.