Tory Seats

Started by Alex, August 25, 2023, 01:13:07 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

MPs who lose their seat at the next general election are set to receive double the financial support.

'Winding-down' payments are designed to help departing MPs close their office and manage the departure of staff.

At the last general election, MPs received two months' wages after losing their seat- but this will now be doubled to four months following a ruling from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA), which governs MPs' expenses.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2023, 01:13:07 PMMPs who lose their seat at the next general election are set to receive double the financial support.

'Winding-down' payments are designed to help departing MPs close their office and manage the departure of staff.

At the last general election, MPs received two months' wages after losing their seat- but this will now be doubled to four months following a ruling from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA), which governs MPs' expenses.

Clearing the desks then, they already get full pensions after serving just 6 years in office, they can draw this aged 55 on! Average pension for 11 years service 's £17,362. (non-contributory).
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

I was obviously in the wrong job.  [1100]

GrannyMac

Weren't we all. 😟

My son lives in a Tory constituency, the market town that we drive through in East Cheshire has the most beautiful floral displays every year.  So different to the 'no mow May' adopted here, which in some parts had stretched into August. It looks awful, neglected and untidy.

Of course its like comparing apples 🍎 with 🍐 pears, but nevertheless, it always brightens my day.  I wonder if its just down to money.

Raven

We have those areas too, it's down to the bees survival they do it here. Gets mowed around September time, then left to grow up again for next year. Same in Perth.

Michael Rolls

mentioning bees - hardly seen any this year - nor butterflies
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 26, 2023, 04:33:50 AMmentioning bees - hardly seen any this year - nor butterflies

They are still around, plenty in Perth too, they always head into my greenhouse as I have 2 tables of bright flowers in there every year from spring onwards. Butterflies are thinner on the ground though, was looking at one a couple of days ago it was different to ones I'd seen before, it looked like the admiral but with thick lines of black edging the wings. They go into the greenhouse too but aye get stuck and I have to try and either catch them or head them to the door, the daft Beggers never seem able to find it.  :rolleyes:

GrannyMac

We've seen few bees this year, often seen little cream butterflies, but nothing more exotic.  Weather's been odd though.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 26, 2023, 04:33:50 AMmentioning bees - hardly seen any this year - nor butterflies
You see most on sunny days and we haven't had many here this year. I've seen very few of either.  Have started seeing wasps though.

Michael Rolls

haven't even seen wasps of late although I did did see two or three earlier
[email protected]

Cassandra

Lots of 'Green Sweat Bees' nesting in logs in the wood. Beautiful creatures, they seem to be thriving here.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

if it wasn't for the caption, I would have thought to be a wasp
[email protected]

Alex

Lots of bees in the garden this morning, I've got a lot of lavender in pots and they seem to love it.