Boris Johnson Leaves Parliament

Started by Ashy, June 09, 2023, 09:35:41 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Apparently he's told them to stick it. I guess that's better than the Long Sulk.

Alex

"It is very sad to be leaving parliament, at least for now, but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias."

As  Arnold Schwarzenegger famously said..... 'I'll be back'

Jacqueline

Is he running away with Nadine Dorris? bit of a co-incidence they have both resigned at the same time!!!

Seriously though I agree with you Alex, there was no justice in that committee at all, I am not surprised he is so angry and rightly so, Boris has his flaws but I'd rather have him than most. 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on June 09, 2023, 09:53:02 PM"It is very sad to be leaving parliament, at least for now, but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias."

Indeed, Harriett Harperson, shining pillar of the community.

Google 'Labour 25 + 49'

https://tinyurl.com/m3dsrewa
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

It's just crazy, both in your Westminster and my Hollyrood. :yell:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on June 09, 2023, 09:53:02 PM"It is very sad to be leaving parliament, at least for now, but above all I am bewildered and appalled that I can be forced out, anti-democratically, by a committee chaired and managed, by Harriet Harman, with such egregious bias."

Nigel Farage seems to think so too! 

I'd rather have Boris than any of the others we've suffered lately.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Too much green rubbish from his wokey wife, don't forget nett/zero was his idea to run with (after he was elected). I hope he's banned for life quite frankly, a pathological liar, the father of lockdown and a trillion £ debt.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

I just can't understand how Harriett 'Labour 25' Harperson could be allowed to have any connection with the committee when she was on record as saying that Boris Johnson was guilty of misleading Parliament.

I doubt that had Cassandra been heard saying the defendant is guilty as hell, he would have been allowed to remain as the judge for the case.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

You have to remember that "misleading the house" is a mortal sin for a politician. A politician's stock in trade is telling porkies so actually being caught is a resigning offence. Liars (such as Boris undoubtedly is) in politics are supposed to be so well versed in telling their porkies that than can slide free of the clutches of those seeking their downfall.

Boris was told that he was about to be told that he had been found guilty of that most mortal of political sins (being caught) so he had to go. Rather than face the shame of being told he was caught and getting a public spanking he decided to resign.

On thing is certain. If there is any British history left and being taught a century from now (doubtful imo) then the name Boris will be there writ large as he is a larger than life character and a political giant. Those with good eyes and an excellent looking glass may find the name Sunak but they will probably struggle to do so unless he achieves what appears to be his ambition by totally destroying the Conservative party.

Scrumpy

Arrogant liar..
 And if that is what we call the 'best of the bunch'  It is a sad day for this country..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 13, 2023, 08:34:12 AMArrogant liar..
 And if that is what we call the 'best if the bunch'  It is a sad day for this country..
Starmer is an even a bigger liar, if anyone bothers to take the time to read what he promised the Labour Party members when he was elected leader.

It's just that as a lawyer he's better able to cover it up.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

There are liars and then there are liars..
He was as good as mocking the people with his bare faced lies when many were suffering..
Laughing at us..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..