Another Arrest ?

Started by Alex, April 19, 2023, 01:40:27 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2023, 05:05:14 PMGawd is her mother in law's hairdresser's cousin a con artist too ?  :grin:
:upvote: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: morty on April 24, 2023, 05:24:34 PMI'm impressed !
I wish the detective work was that good this side of the Border at ferreting out English MPs.

But to beat the Scottish police the English police would have to ferret out the MP's plumber's maiden aunt's nephew's sister-in law's third cousin.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

So we finally have it, the £110,000 luxury motorhome was bought out of SNP funds.

https://yhoo.it/3V9iyiy
[email protected]

Raven

Hmmmmm, I wonder if it was for everyone's use.  :hmm:

klondike

Doubtless for following the North Coast 500 campaigning for a vote for independence in the next referendum. Seems fair enough to me.

Diasi

An election battle bus is normally big enough to carry an entourage from the media, far more than could fit into a 4 seater luxury motorhome.
[email protected]

Ashy

I can't believe they found a Scotsman, who didn't know where every last penny went, and made him treasurer.

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on April 26, 2023, 09:28:55 AMI can't believe they found a Scotsman, who didn't know where every last penny went, and made him treasurer.
Lol  :upvote: :grin:
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on April 26, 2023, 09:24:10 AMAn election battle bus is normally big enough to carry an entourage from the media, far more than could fit into a 4 seater luxury motorhome.
Ah but as we know a big battle bus couldn't get round the North Coast 500. Doubtless a vital campaign route to get the votes out. Meanwhile I imagine it has been stored at no cost to the SNP and still has no miles on the clock. Bought early to beat inflation in vehicle costs. Astute financial management by whoever it was handling the fund.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 26, 2023, 09:34:29 AMAh but as we know a big battle bus couldn't get round the North Coast 500. Doubtless a vital campaign route to get the votes out. Meanwhile I imagine it has been stored at no cost to the SNP and still has no miles on the clock. Bought early to beat inflation in vehicle costs. Astute financial management by whoever it was handling the fund.
Good points.  :grin:
[email protected]

Raven

All joking aside, it surprised the hell out of me when I found out about the MH. If it was going on a campaign trail, it would work out cheaper in the long run and pay for it's self by them living in it, and not paying a fortune for hotels ect. I wonder what it was to be used for...... Really. :hmm:
I suppose it will come to light eventually.  :?:

klondike

It isn't clear to me if the £600k was raised to campaign for a second referendum or to campaign for independence when one was held. It's rather hard to see what use a fairly small motorhome would be for either though although I may be missing something.

I rather think it's yet another case of fingers in the till as can happen in any organisation but is usually detected by internal security measures within organisations unless there is dishonesty somewhere very near the top.

It's unfortunate for those Scots supporting independence that the SNP appear to be the only game in town and have degenerated from their normal shambles into something even worse.

Raven

I feel really let down by them. When the other Parties were embarrassed by scandals left right and centre, the SNP held fast and were (I thought) squeaky clean. I somehow can't believe it's theft but just a huge muddle. I hope so anyway.  :cry:

klondike

They may have been squeaky clean but from things I have read they have a poor track record on many things ranging from education though general health to drug control.