Started by Michael Rolls, December 02, 2022, 04:47:16 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Labour have retained the seat with 61% of the turn-out, Tory share 13.6% down
Hardly surprising
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Sadly this conservative party apart from showing the world how corrupt they can be if they try, has made an absolute pig's trotter of everything they touched and gone against the public too often. But does anyone think the so called labour party will ever do different?

Michael Rolls

I don't - which is really looking at being between a rock and a hard place for the electorate.
[email protected]

klondike

Unless they take the advice of JBR and elect the Reform Party. I'll vote that way assuming I can but I have no illusions that they stand any chance. The voting public appear to me to be masochists.

Diasi

The problem, for me, is that the voters punished the Tories in 1997 which led to Blair's illegal war with Iraq which resulted in the 2007 Tube bombings, the Manchester Arena bombing & all the other Middle East related terrorist attacks.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

The Reform Party only got 770 votes.  It is a wasted vote, but if everyone keeps thinking "it's a wasted vote" then nothing will change.
Chester has thousands of university students and a growing non-white population, so I guess Labour was bound to be re-elected, particularly putting forward a candidate who was born in the city.

klondike

Mike is in Scotland I suspect a Tory vote is a wasted vote. He may just as well either vote for one of the minor parties or not bother at all.

Quote from: Diasi on December 02, 2022, 09:28:11 AMThe problem, for me, is that the voters punished the Tories in 1997 which led to Blair's illegal war with Iraq which resulted in the 2007 Tube bombings, the Manchester Arena bombing & all the other Middle East related terrorist attacks.
Whatever you or anybody else does anywhere the next government will not be a Conservative one. Rightly so IMO they have been in power for over a decade and we are in the worst position since the end of the second world war - in other words in my lifetime and the lifetimes of most of the electorate.

Alex

One of my first thoughts when speaking of a Labour Government is "Where is Dianne Abbott ?  "

Michael Rolls

now there's a frightening thought!
[email protected]

klondike

Not as frightening as the Marxist Ginger Growler who does still have power.

Ashy

Where are they going to plant all these extra money trees? And they don't grow without fertiliser.

klondike

It seem's the Tories watched Corbyn in his allotment. They've printed plenty for the last decade but not let on. We are seeing the results now.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on December 02, 2022, 10:06:18 AMOne of my first thoughts when speaking of a Labour Government is "Where is Dianne Abbott ?  "

In the freezer prior to be defrosted, to vote :cry:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex