Migrant Hotels

Started by Alex, November 07, 2022, 07:30:25 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on November 08, 2022, 08:59:55 PMAre our politicians completely stupid?
If our politicians do not want us to think they are stupid, they should not continually do stupid things. That applies to local and national politicians alike.

JBR

I think it is only fair to us for the authorities to publish exactly which hotels throughout the country they have sent the gimmegrants to.
I certainly wouldn't want to book a holiday and find myself in a hotel where illegal immigrants are occupying it.

If they refuse to provide that information, one wonders what exactly they are attempting to cover up.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Presumably an FOI request to the home office, unless they are hiding behind Serco.

They don't want us to know because they put up barricades at Dover to hide the immos.

klondike

Quote from: JBR on November 09, 2022, 01:48:55 PMI certainly wouldn't want to book a holiday and find myself in a hotel where illegal immigrants are occupying it.
They take over complete hotels so at least that won't be happening. People already in or with future bookings have to go elsewhere.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on November 09, 2022, 01:11:42 PMI was talking about the billions of UK taxpayer's money he's now promised to Pakistan and other countries affected by climate change ! Wrong thread again DOH  :smiley:
Lovelady Country Hotel in Alston Moor Cumbria, latest to receive migrants.  Alston Moor has a population of 2000, mostly elderly.

I remember 'cream teas' there as a child and sadly watched it decline over thirty years, Perhaps a new business model is starting up? By taking the 'Asylum Seeker' route the present owners 'Payman Club' who acquired this through the last owner's receivers, just recently are guaranteed a complete refurb at the 'end' of the accommodation period whenever that might be, plus a full occupancy charge rate throughout.

So buy yourself a cheap crashed hovel. Then make it tolerable to occupy. Next rent it to Home Office c/o 'The Woke Dept room 101' for a huge whack. Finally get all the extensive re-hab costs, that you never undertook paid for courtesy of HMG mug taxpayers. Equals a good result with plenty of bungs for all concerned along the way, some might allege?

Anyway, when did the Conservatives ever bother about local communities etc - what a sick joke!

Lovelady : Cumbria.jpg

p.s. They should get at least 100 into the 22 rooms, judging by the levels of other establishments current occupancy rates. So thats the first boat load, out of an average days three. Think the UK's going to run out of hotels soon? But with the reasoned wisdom of such great young planners at Whitehall, there's no reason to worry ...
:busted:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Beautiful building..
She probably needs a bit of a face lift.. I hope she gets it when the ' free loaders' bugger off.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on November 09, 2022, 01:48:55 PMI think it is only fair to us for the authorities to publish exactly which hotels throughout the country they have sent the gimmegrants to.
I certainly wouldn't want to book a holiday and find myself in a hotel where illegal immigrants are occupying it.

If they refuse to provide that information, one wonders what exactly they are attempting to cover up.

Don't worry, the public can't book the hotels that have been cotracted to house asylum seekers . I think they're not publishing details because it could be quite unpleasant, and perhaps even dangerous for staff and owners.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

The public can book other hotels in the vicinity, if there are any, such as in our coastal resorts, and we we may wish to know which parts to avoid.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on November 10, 2022, 05:20:24 PMThe public can book other hotels in the vicinity, if there are any, such as in our coastal resorts, and we we may wish to know which parts to avoid.
Absolutely, and we know how 'they' spread.

The day will come when there won't be a town, or even an area, where they aren't living in a hotel.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Plenty in Torquay seafront hotels, 100+ are being housed at the Esplanade Hotel on Paignton seafront and more at Ilfracombe. Might be difficult to find a seaside place to stay this year, next year too, in fact it's ongoing.

klondike

A couple of boats can fill a hotel and we have had 20 or more boats in a day at times.  They get treated far too well - no wonder so many are coming. The French treat them like shit and so should we. Tented detention camps on Dartmoor not 4 star hotels.

Ashy

This rather absurd policy could well result in smaller hotels having to close because of lack of business.

It's also costing £2 billion a year, that's without all the illegals in temporary housing, and the commitment to maintain and refurbish the hotels.

Alex

Butlins is next is it  ?

Cassandra

8 'immigrants' per chalet and the theatre converted to a mosque - ideal
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

They'd set the place on fire ! :boo: