Here's A Thought

Started by Alex, October 21, 2022, 11:49:40 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Lots of MSM and establishment commentators speculating on Tory left resigning whip if Boris wins.
BUT what about if Sunak triumphs in a stitch up?
Good chance members of the Tory right and ERG could defect to form a new anti-woke political force on the right, possibly with Farage
Dan Wootton

klondike

Farage has said a lot of times he is done with politics now. He could waver but in truth all that would result for him in a first past the post election is frustration and humiliation. I'll vote for Reform or whatever name gets used next time but plenty will just plod along on the same old despite none of the main parties likely to deliver what I suspect a majority want...

End the woke shite
End the dinghy invasion
Get Brexit done properly
Reduce legal migration from 300k a year to 30k tops
Get the police sorted
Get the GPs sorted
Get the NHS sorted
Get the dippy demo crowd locked up
Get energy sorted
Get inflation sorted

All that crap has happened with Tory governments in power over the last decade or so. How many will believe that Labour would be worse?

klondike

I think Abbot fell into the shadows when Corbyn did. We have the ginger growler instead now.

Jacqueline

Quote from: klondike on October 21, 2022, 12:38:02 PMFarage has said a lot of times he is done with politics now. He could waver but in truth all that would result for him in a first past the post election is frustration and humiliation. I'll vote for Reform or whatever name gets used next time but plenty will just plod along on the same old despite none of the main parties likely to deliver what I suspect a majority want...

End the woke shite
End the dinghy invasion
Get Brexit done properly
Reduce legal migration from 300k a year to 30k tops
Get the police sorted
Get the GPs sorted
Get the NHS sorted
Get the dippy demo crowd locked up
Get energy sorted
Get inflation sorted

All that crap has happened with Tory governments in power over the last decade or so. How many will believe that Labour would be worse?

Anyone who did all that would get my vote whoever they are.

Nigel Farage said on GB News channel last night that he would get involved again, but couldn't do it on his own and needs good people to work with.  I think he was throwing a challenge to Tory MP's to join him and start a new party.  Lets see how many of them really care about the state of this country and are prepared to try something new instead of the same old two party failures.

Raven

Things with todays Politicians though, is they are all very good at the talk talk but useless at the actual doing anything. :yell:

klondike

Quote from: Jacqueline on October 21, 2022, 01:59:12 PMAnyone who did all that would get my vote whoever they are.
And what about the party that let it all happen? They still have fans here or so it seems.