A New Party ?

Started by Alex, October 16, 2022, 02:57:46 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

This is what we need surely  ?
It's only Twatter, but this morning there's chat and a post from UKIP suggesting they join forces with Richard Tice's Reform Party.  Other people suggesting The Heritage Party and Lawrence Fox's Reclaim Party could also join this new party.
What do you think, is this possible ?

Ashy

Anything is possible if they are prepared to work together again.
UKIP split into The Brexit Party (Now Reform) and the Heritage Party.
I think the Reclaim party could work with all of them.

klondike

Miracles can happen and a new party win as we saw with the EU elections but such a miracle in a general election with our voting system is at last an order of magnitude more miraculous imo.

It seems clear to me that at least an EU election scale miracle would be required for a Tory majority in the next election and the most likely outcome will be a Starmer government. It may be a small majority if the SNP clean up in Scotland and there isn't a complete collapse in the Tory vote.

The next thing to ponder is would Starmer be pushed out of the premiership by the Labour membership.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 16, 2022, 03:46:08 PMMiracles can happen and a new party win as we saw with the EU elections but such a miracle in a general election with our voting system is at last an order of magnitude more miraculous imo.

It seems clear to me that at least an EU election scale miracle would be required for a Tory majority in the next election and the most likely outcome will be a Starmer government. It may be a small majority if the SNP clean up in Scotland and there isn't a complete collapse in the Tory vote.

The next thing to ponder is would Starmer be pushed out of the premiership by the Labour membership.

The media don't tell you that the Labour Party is more divided than it's ever been in it's entire history & it won't take much for it to split up into two factions.

Starmer is detested by both Momentum & the grass roots Labour membership & is in power only because of the Islington dinner party Prosecco drinkers.

Starmer has chucked hundreds, if not thousands, of Labour members, who don't fit in with his woke middle-class criteria, out of the Party.

https://peoplesmomentum.com/transforming-labour/wrongly-suspended/
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 16, 2022, 02:57:46 PMThis is what we need surely  ?
It's only Twatter, but this morning there's chat and a post from UKIP suggesting they join forces with Richard Tice's Reform Party.  Other people suggesting The Heritage Party and Lawrence Fox's Reclaim Party could also join this new party.
What do you think, is this possible ?
This is, of course, exactly what I have been suggesting and hoping for.
After all, the Conservatives are split into some sort of Green-Liberal party, and Labour has been unelectable for a long time now.
What other options does the thinking man (and woman, of course) have but a new political party along the lines of what the Conservatives once were?
All of the above new political parties must now get their acts together and unite under one banner.  After all, apart from different names they all seem to be of one similar direction.  Only then would they have a chance of collectively gaining sufficient votes to form a government.
Of course, this would also require the majority of voters to drag themselves out of their preconceptions of there only being Tories and Labour from which to choose.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on October 16, 2022, 05:18:48 PMthis would also require the majority of voters to drag themselves out of their preconceptions of there only being Tories and Labour from which to choose.
unfortunately that won't happen unless some miracle occurs. I won't be voting for a mainstream party but I hold no illusions that the alternative (even if there is only one) is going to form a government or even hold enough seats to make any difference.

We both see the same thing here

but we don't have the same name for its status.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on October 16, 2022, 06:31:07 PMunfortunately that won't happen unless some miracle occurs. I won't be voting for a mainstream party but I hold no illusions that the alternative (even if there is only one) is going to form a government or even hold enough seats to make any difference.

We both see the same thing here

but we don't have the same name for its status.

Half a pint of cold piss, ideally placed for the taking?  :wink:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Getting control of the UK when the current shower have finished buggering everything up may indeed be a bit of a poisoned chalice. Most of them should be given the job of wiping the arses of all the bloody illegals they are letting in.

Jacqueline

Mark my words, the illegals will be given amnesty before too long, as the government will say they are needed for the workforce.  There will be no end to immigration illegal or legal, the white native is not wanted.

Alex

This is scary, there's nobody running the country - at least nobody we voted for.

klondike

Maybe we need a second amendment. This is the sort of situation that the American founding fathers had in mind....

Ashy

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Diasi

Voters could stop voting "as me Granddad did" & vote for Reform which is the most organised of the newcomer parties.

There have been enough years for people to realise that both Conservative & Labour Governments are utter shite.

I only stick with the Tories because they're less of an utter shite than Labour.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

currently, that's my take as well - God help us!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 20, 2022, 03:23:57 AMcurrently, that's my take as well - God help us!
Voting for Reform would probably let in a Labour Government because the majority of the "I'll always vote the way me Granddad did" seem to be politically illiterate Labour supporters from what I hear & read.
[email protected]