« previous - next »

Raven

Ashy

Nice while it lasted I suppose.

Raven

It was one Rocky Ride I'm glad I didn't have to take. 🚲

Wonder who is brave enough to take the job on. 🙄🤔

Scrumpy

Very sad.. She didn't stand a chance against all the back stabbing and plotting that went on..
The whole lot need turfing out.. they are a scheming bunch of prats ... I guess Rishi Sunak will be first in line .. again.. 
 Best comedy show on tv at the moment..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I shall soon be on prime minister no. 16
what a farce.

Raven

Sooooo, What happens to her now? Does she just go back to the benches with the other MPs?

Scrumpy

I guess so.. She, along with many others , will tell whoever is in power how the government should be run..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2022, 02:14:25 PMVery sad.. She didn't stand a chance against all the back stabbing and plotting that went on..
The whole lot need turfing out.. they are a scheming bunch of prats ... I guess Rishi Sunak will be first in line .. again..
You're absolutely right.  They're too stupid to see how they've now made a mess of their party.
A general election looms, and I have a feeling it won't be too long now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

If she has resigned from a ministerial office she returns to the back bench, The King will ask someone else to try to form a government.

If she asked his majesty to dissolve parliament, and today is wet enough in London, then presumably he will still only do so if nobody else can form a government.

A bit like making bricks without straw.

Flying Bomb

Will she get a pension after a 45 day ex PM ?

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 20, 2022, 02:14:25 PMVery sad.. She didn't stand a chance against all the back stabbing and plotting that went on..
My MP, at the recent Zoom meeting, was brutally scathing about the Tory Party antics & the fact that it'll be arranged so that the membership don't get a vote.

In 2016 those of us who voted Leave were called idiots who should never have been allowed to vote & now, in 2022, those of us who voted for Liz Truss are being called idiots who should never have been allowed to vote.

I can see a lot of members leaving if Sunak gets a 'coronation' leadership.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Flying Bomb on October 20, 2022, 04:19:59 PMWill she get a pension after a 45 day ex PM ?
I wondered the same so looked it up. They used to get a pension for life regardless of time in office but that was changed...

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn04586/
In the past, there were separate arrangements for the pensions for the three great offices of state – the Prime Minister, Speaker of the House of Commons and Lord Chancellor. These gave entitlement to a pension of half the final office-holder's salary on leaving office, regardless of length of service. Payments were met through the Consolidated Fund (the Government's general bank account). The Public Service Pensions Act 2013 abolished these arrangements for future office-holders, who would instead be covered by the Ministerial  Pension Scheme. The pensions of existing office-holders continue to be met from the Consolidated Fund even where they signed a waiver to their full entitlement under the old arrangements – for example, agreeing instead to receive benefits comparable to those under the Ministerial Scheme, or to delay entitlement to age 65.

https://www.mypcpfpension.co.uk/active-members/

I suspect if you chase all the links through the 2013 act probably improved of the earlier arrangements  :nooo:

Jacqueline

We will soon know who really rules the roost when they select a new PM, it may be a yes man puppet who will do what they are told or one of the real snakes, we will see.

One thing for sure we are the laughing stock of the world, Putin must think we are a pushover, I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't got invasion plans, nice warm hotels for invaders!!!

Alex

Jacqueline

If that snakey bugger is our PM I am moving abroad  :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: