Farage

Started by Alex, June 27, 2023, 10:06:58 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on June 28, 2023, 10:41:40 PMI'd like to think so.

I just can't get into the mindset of people who can't see that all the current political parties with MPs are failing.

I want a party that is effective, not a choice between dumb & dumber.

Couldn't put it better Phil!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

We will still end up with a sodding Labour government though. Nothing like a Labour government for making the bad times far worse.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 29, 2023, 08:51:42 AMWe will still end up with a sodding Labour government though. Nothing like a Labour government for making the bad times far worse.
True.  It is what they have always done.
Why can't people understand this?  Of course, there are now a lot of new voters who have never experienced life under Labour.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

they've got a shock coming to them!
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 29, 2023, 10:39:29 AMTrue.  It is what they have always done.
Why can't people understand this?  Of course, there are now a lot of new voters who have never experienced life under Labour.
No one under 31 has lived, as an adult, under a Labour Govenment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I've lived under SIX, each worse than the one before
Attlee
Wilson
Wilson again
Callaghan
Blair
Brown
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 29, 2023, 12:05:36 PMI've lived under SIX, each worse than the one before
Attlee
Wilson
Wilson again
Callaghan
Blair
Brown
You missed some out!

Attlee  (Lab)
Churchill  (Con)  (I was born under his second term)
Eden  (Con)
Macmillan  (Con)
Douglas-Home  (Con)
Heath  (Con)  (I was 18 here and the first time I took any interest in such things)
Wilson  (Lab)
Callaghan  (Lab)
Thatcher  (Con)
Major  (Con)
BLiar  (Lab)
Brown  (Lab)
Cameron  (Con)
May  (Con)
Johnson  (Con)
Truss  (Con)

A couple of really good ones; a couple of really crap ones.  No names; just my opinion!

Michael Rolls

no - I was looking at the loony left - none left out
[email protected]

1955vintage

I think Callaghan was the lowest point , despite the efforts of B Liar and Bruin.

Starmer could rise below them all.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

They are all floaters and I don't mean the cream.

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 29, 2023, 12:51:34 PMno - I was looking at the loony left - none left out

Ah, I apologise.  I hadn't realised.

Throughout my life, my earliest experience of Labour PMs began with Wilson.  I never really regarded him as particularly dangerous (unlike BLiar and Brown), although I do remember our aeronautical engineers developing an aircraft for the RAF which would have been streets ahead of anything else in the world, including the USA.  That was the TSR2.

Wilson, of course, cancelled it, but not until a great deal of money and expertise had been wasted.
I still don't know why, though, and I seem to remember other bad decisions on his part as well.

However, Wilson pales into insignificance when compared to Brown and especially BLiar, the latter especially having created so many problems for us and our country to the benefit, of course, of himself and his equally self-centred wife.

Of course, the Conservatives, certainly since BLiar, have been rather incompetent, if not corrupt.
In fact, in my opinion, over the entire list I provided above, only two PMs have led the country really well:
Churchill and Thatcher.
Each, incidentally, have been responsible for the defence of our country in times of conflict and have been completely effective on both occasions.

Conversely, since and including BLiar, our incompetent leaders have allowed others to take control of us to our disadvantage, be it by foreign governments or mass illegal immigration.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 29, 2023, 04:42:23 PMThroughout my life, my earliest experience of Labour PMs began with Wilson.  I never really regarded him as particularly dangerous (unlike BLiar and Brown), although I do remember our aeronautical engineers developing an aircraft for the RAF which would have been streets ahead of anything else in the world, including the USA.  That was the TSR2.

Wilson, of course, cancelled it, but not until a great deal of money and expertise had been wasted.
I still don't know why, though, and I seem to remember other bad decisions on his part as well.
Wilson was involved with a dodgy businessman called Kagan who funded Wilson's private office & in return Wilson made him a Peer.

Kagan committed tax fraud but it was arranged for the charge to be changed to one of theft & false accounting which complied with extradition treaties so when Kagan fled to Israel he couldn't be extradited.

Kagan did eventually return to the UK & did jail time.

Kagan was a close friend of KGB agents, Richardas Vaygauskas & Oleg Lyalin who boasted about Kagan's links to Wilson & this led to Wilson being looked at by MI5 & is rumoured as the reason he resigned suddenly in 1976.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GHF

Quote from: Diasi on June 28, 2023, 08:44:13 PMReform UK is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Liberal Democrats is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

Labour (Scotland)  was a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Labour Party has Private Limited Companies & is a political party.

The Conservative Party has Private Ltd Companies & is a political party.

So I suggest that whoever told you, what they thought was a nice juicy revelation to discredit Reform UK, aren't as clever as they thought they were.

As can be confirmed beyond any doubt by the Companies Act 2006.
Ah, thank you, I will! 👍