Michael Rolls

Now four failures in six attempts - it really is getting beyond a joke
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Why not leave it until tomorrow Mike  :upvote:

Scrumpy

I'll just go along with the others on here..
I doubt I will be posting on PF because I am being monitored by Chris so what i reply will always be a few steps behind other posters.. The games are a 'No No' because of this reason..
I am finding it interesting to see who .. out of those who came over.. respond on here.. Or just shy away... Even if the just said 'Thanks klondike for trying'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 29, 2021, 01:51:15 PM
Now four failures in six attempts - it really is getting beyond a joke
Mike

Mike, I got chucked off PF late last night and didn't bother shutting it down. When I switched on today I was already in and, so far, haven't had a problem..

klondike

It isn't fixed. I still have my tracker running...

HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-29 00:29 to 00:47 - down for 18 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-29 07:32 to 07:48 - down for 16 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-29 10:50 to 11:06 - down for 15 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-29 13:35 to 13:53 - down for 18 minutes
4 outages with a total downtime of 67 minutes

Ah - from those times I see why you had no problems.  :grin:

zoony

Just checked and all tickety here..

klondike

It was when I posted todays outages so far. I was just saying that I reckon you were probably in bed or in the process of getting up when those outages happened. Luck of the draw.

Diasi

Quote from: Akbuk on December 28, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
I've responded to Chris via the link he left to his email.
I've only spoken for myself.
I've basically said that I wouldn't have signed up to this forum if I thought the goal was competition. I asked that question when I signed up here, I was assured that it wasn't the case, I believed it then & still do.
I'm no techno so Chris's explanation of the PF works for me.....hence, I can't make suggestions on the fix.
I hope it gets sorted is all I can say.

This forum wasn't set up a to compete with PF, it was set up to ensure that PF members could stay in touch if PF went down & didn't reappear.

Chris was asked about the problems, he was offered help but he chose not to respond & what he obviously can't or isn't prepared to understand is that for some of us, who live alone, the PF was the main means of any social interaction so klondike created his forum to ensure that we didn't lose touch.

His childish tantrum about moderating posts by klondike & Scrumpy could well lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy about PF losing members & the fault will be 100% his.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

It's a bit Upper IV isn't it ?   :rolleyes:

1955vintage

More Lower VI, hormones still competing with acne and Led Zep albums.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on December 29, 2021, 03:30:50 PM
His childish tantrum about moderating posts by klondike & Scrumpy could well lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy about PF losing members & the fault will be 100% his.
He should know that he only needs to ask me to stop doing something and I will. Back in the dark old days of arguments with The Deep and Sciatico he obviously spotted that I was a trustee of the profanity filter. I got this email...

Hi, can I ask that you stop circumventing the censored word filter by using foreign characters. I have cracked down on rule breaking by others who have been disrupting the forum, but I can only do that if everyone else is abiding by the forum rules.

• No swearing. Don't 'hide' swearing by replacing certain letters with others or inserting spaces.

Thank you.

I stopped. Had he asked I stop asking for people to email me I would have done so - I think I only actually did so the once as Scrumpy did a bit of this...

crabbyob

just keep right on to the end of the road... [1050]

klondike

I'm hale and hearty sir.

As you know I almost binned PF a while back anyway. I didn't want to lose all you lot but the way it was being run or rather not run was getting me down.