Fish supper

Started by klondike, March 03, 2024, 04:44:25 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Where we fish there are lots of red kites and we chuck stale sliced bread onto the water for them. They always seem keen even though they can't get a lot of bread as it smashes when they hit it. My son took his camera to get some pictures yesterday and sent me a couple via Whatsapp.

This one shows that the kite appears to have caught a fish which could go a long way towards explaining why they bother for the pretty meagre pickings the bread offers. It maybe also explains why we often see clear misses of the bread. The water is full of small fish and they can often be seen bashing the bread about. It's a thumbnail and needs a click to see the full picture which is bigger than fits into a forum page.

click to enlarge click again in postimage to get bigger still

This one only got bread which will probably be fuzzy in the picture here after grabbing from Whatsapp and uploading to Postimage.

click to enlarge click again in postimage to get bigger still

Alex

Great photos, aren't they clear !

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

He's keen on wildlife photography and took a camera this time rather than just using a phone. 

Scrumpy

Wonderful photos..

I don't use my camera anymore.. Just my phone.
Such a shame.. the pictures are so much clearer..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

A phone is a lot handier to carry around than the camera he used for those. The actual pictures will be better still - those have been through whatsapp screen grabbed saved and uploaded to postimage.

Silver Tabby

Wow!  What fantastic photos.  Your son should enter them for a competition in one of the wildlife magazines - I am sure they would win.

klondike

Thanks. He'd be pleased but probably disagree  :grin: