how i met my wife,/husband /partner,.

Started by alfred, December 31, 2021, 06:14:39 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

crabbyob - you Hogmanaying all over again?

I can't get my head around that one. [2040]

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 01, 2022, 05:09:12 PM
Met my husband Chris on New Years eve 1965, I was 16 and going out with John friend of his, I think I gave Chris a kiss at midnight like I did to quite a few others.  Some months later John and I got my friend and Chris together they went out for quite a while.  Fast forward a couple of years I was going out with somebody else who was mucking me about, I met Chris one day when I was heading to the bus stop, he offered me a lift, we went out a couple of times, Chris went on holiday and I got back with the old boyfriend, silly girl, wrong choice.  I met up with Chris again I can't remember how and the rest is history been married over 50 years.

well done
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

It's amazing how often pure chance changes the route of people's lives.

Michael Rolls

If Susan hadn't walked out on me - totally out of the blue as far as I was concerned - to take up with someone else, I would never have met Veronica - which was the best day of my life
Mike
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on January 01, 2022, 05:13:29 PM
It's amazing how often pure chance changes the route of people's lives.

How true, I accepted a brief for a fraud case defence at very short notice, to help a colleague in chambers out and read the notes on the way North in the train. The lady who was to become my wife and partner for over twenty years I had to cross examine on the third day - can you imagine that conundrum? I was bursting to get to know her, but of course professional protocol precluded that until after the case was decided. Very cool in the dock She'd however told another girl she worked with after our exchanges - "He's mine" - the rest was history of course.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

We were strangers sitting near at a Sunday-lunchtime music jam. She had a lovely red and white summer dress on that looked as if it had been stuffed in a drawer for a  month. I really wanted to say hello but my mouth wouldn't link with my brain. What should've been "That's a lovely dress", came out as "Haven't you got an iron"? We married some 6 weeks later.  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: zoony on January 01, 2022, 09:01:32 PM
We were strangers sitting near at a Sunday-lunchtime music jam. She had a lovely red and white summer dress on that looked as if it had been stuffed in a drawer for a  month. I really wanted to say hello but my mouth wouldn't link with my brain. What should've been "That's a lovely dress", came out as "Haven't you got an iron"? We married some 6 weeks later.  :grin:

:embarrassed: :embarrassed:
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Cassandra.. Loved your story.. So interesting..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Same here.

All by chance your future is set.

Cassandra

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!"

Ah, well! for us all some sweet hope lies
Deeply buried from human eyes;

And, in the hereafter, angels may
Roll the stone from its grave away!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Flying Bomb

It's a thought that if everyone had met a different wife or husband
all by chance, then overall, if happiness can be measured
it would all work out about the same.
Some not happy now with the their chance   would have been happy now and others, happy now, would not have been.

Summed up, as swings and roundabouts of life. Snakes and ladders.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

then we look at our offspring, and know it was worth it.. :cowboy: