how i met my wife,/husband /partner,.

Started by alfred, December 31, 2021, 06:14:39 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

i hope im not upsetting any one by this post but i thought it would be nice simply to remember how couples came together and for many led to a lovely married life,

so to start the ball rolling i was asked to play a piano at what became my late mother in-laws second marriage having lost her husband a year or so before,

and so i turned up and met other family members and before i began to play i was offered a large drink  being green and i suppose not street wise then my future brother in law as he became spiked my drink with several spirits and  i  drank most of it straight down being thirsty,

minutes later i passed out and suffered a very severe head ache and hang over all in one go ,,,, yes youve guessed it  i was well beyond playing anything , the brother in-law took a lot of stick but that was the beginning of how i met  my wife being one of two daughters of my future mother in law, and she was a lovely lovely lady ,.one of the best.

Q; now its your turn that's if assuming that you want to tell us about it,( i very sincerely hope I'm not upsetting any one by writing this post) as i thought it might make  interesting reading as to how couples meet  and the circumstances that made it happen.   

Flying Bomb

Met my future wife at the Victor Silvester School of Dancing
in Chelsea, London in 1960.........
Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow.

GrannyMac

In 1963, I frequented a coffee bar with my friend.  We got chatting to two young men and they asked if we'd go to the cinema with them.  We'd no idea which one we'd end up with at the time, they decided between them. My friend only went out with hers a couple of times, but four years later I married mine, and we're still together.   
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I met Sam when I was an usherette taking tickets at the door.. This tall blond guy walked towards me across the foyer..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I met my hubby walking along the prom in Blackpool, it was Glasgow Fair Fortnight,  :grin: :grin:

Michael Rolls

Both Veronica and I, unknown to each had, had a couple as mutual friends - we met at their house and, both recently divorced, somehow hit it off immediately
. Sadly, that couple also divorced a couple of years later, we lost touch with both of them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Dayjo

I wrote this, over 6 years ago, on the other side. Guess it will stand another airing....

From the end of WW11, I lived with my parents near Brighouse, in Yorkshire. Though the rest of the family were here, near Chesterfield.
Once I became mobile, in the 1960's. I travelled monthly, the 50 miles, to stay the weekend at my Auntie's.
First job, after my arrival. Was to collect my lovely little Cousin, as she finished work, at the local Co-op store.
Always making time, for a quick cuddle.......
One afternoon. A voice called. "See yer later!".
I came up, for air. And saw, a vision. Nice legs. Knees, under a neatly fitting black skirt. Grey top, full of health and vitality. And, the biggest, brownest eyes imaginable......
Cor! Who's that? Your date, for tonight...... By 'eck!
We had a lovely foursome, down town. At the end of the evening, I took her home. In my side-valve, Reliant van.
Next evening, we had a twosome.
Shortly afterwards, I didn't go back to Brighouse.
We married, early 1969. Bought a house, 1970.

All these years on, we're still married. To each other. Still living in the same house.
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

klondike

Lovely tale Dayo. I missed the first outing.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Paul and I met, totally by accident, by reluctantly helping out friends.  My friend met a man at a night club, gave him her address and told him that he could come round next evening.  Next morning she realised she had been a bit daft but knew where he worked so phoned him and said that he could still come round if he brought a friend.  Then she phoned me and asked me to come as well. 

I was at the start of a divorce and the last thing I wanted was another man so I said that I wouldn't go.  'Please, please, please - I'll be your friend forever etc.' so I agreed to go but said I would leave immediately I thought she was ok.  The four of us went to the local pub and Paul and I made polite conversation.  He told me later that he was trying to work out my age from the age of my children.  He must have realised that I was older than he was.  He hadn't wanted to go either.

That was about thirty years ago.

1955vintage

My wife and I met in the office, but a good friend of mine gave a showstopper answer when on the Captain's table on a cruise.

As a ice breaker the men on the table were asked ' What made you book the cruise, and how did you meet your wife?

His response was ' We are celebrating our 40th anniversary, and we met when her husband introduced us...............'

Follow that!
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

Dayjo... You and Christine are a great example to us all..

1955Vintage.  :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

i was mostly brought up by my Granny, her youngest daughter wasnt much older than me... my future wife lived just over the road, she became my aunty's best friend [because my aunty was after her big brother] mmmm... my aunty married him, making my future wife my new aunty... [1140]... so when my son gets smart i call him cousin.. [1120] [1120] [1120]

Jacqueline

Met my husband Chris on New Years eve 1965, I was 16 and going out with John friend of his, I think I gave Chris a kiss at midnight like I did to quite a few others.  Some months later John and I got my friend and Chris together they went out for quite a while.  Fast forward a couple of years I was going out with somebody else who was mucking me about, I met Chris one day when I was heading to the bus stop, he offered me a lift, we went out a couple of times, Chris went on holiday and I got back with the old boyfriend, silly girl, wrong choice.  I met up with Chris again I can't remember how and the rest is history been married over 50 years.