Prove it..!!

Started by Scrumpy, December 22, 2022, 11:24:45 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

When using our local tip the guards on the barrier will ask you to show your drivers license .. If you do not have it with you they will ask for your postcode..  They ask that you bring your license with  you next time..
When you have proven who you are and that you come from this borough they will  put a sticker on your car which allows you to drive through next time..
It seems that people from outside the borough are using the tip to dump stuff.. and we don't like it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Ours don't ask for ID but they do make you stop at the barrier and want to know what your getting rid of. Never used to be like this, straight in and leave your stuff at the correct bit.

Alex

Ours ask for ID, anything with your address on, they're not as helpful as they were in olden days either !! :boo:

klondike

Probably easier to go out of hours and dump it outside....

Alex

Too many cameras to do that  :grin:

Ashy

I think you still have to book a slot at our rubbish tips. It's commercial waste (including domestic waste collected commercially) that they don't want because they have to pay and use a private disposal company.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 22, 2022, 11:24:45 AMWhen using our local tip the guards on the barrier will ask you to show your drivers license .. If you do not have it with you they will ask for your postcode..  They ask that you bring your license with  you next time..
When you have proven who you are and that you come from this borough they will  put a sticker on your car which allows you to drive through next time..

Ours has a camera that reads your registration plate, and we're allowed only a limited number of visits per year.  Having said that, we have found that we nowhere near exceed the allowed number.
There's a height barrier too, to prevent large vehicles entering.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Our recycling centre doesn't ask for ID with a car & the operatives are very pleasant & helpful.

There are centres that cover the whole of Lincolnshire & it's so rural that not many visitors will be from miles away.

Vans & trailers have to have permits.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I blame the Councils for the dumping problem. They took a well used free uplift service and started to charge for it. :angry: Not everybody can afford to pay for it, same with the brown lid garden rubbish bin that's a yearly charge now.  :boo:

klondike

My garden produces little waste and what it does gets bagged and hidden in general waste as I'm not paying £40 for less than a bin's worth a year. Instead of being converted into compost it goes into landfill and produces methane. Well done council.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 30, 2022, 12:11:44 PMMy garden produces little waste and what it does gets bagged and hidden in general waste as I'm not paying £40 for less than a bin's worth a year. Instead of being converted into compost it goes into landfill and produces methane. Well done council.

That's what my daughter does as well, :wink: She has a very small lawn and several tubs for plants, rest is slabbed.