Nowt as strange as folk..

Started by Scrumpy, November 16, 2023, 02:04:37 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Talking to my mate today I asked her why she had finished with Paul.. her (friend).. 
 She said   'Because he hung his flannel over the sink'  :grin: :grin: :grin:
I couldn't stop giggling.. she added..
 ' I told him a couple of times to hang it over the bath.. He took no notice'..

I remember Zoony took the whistle out of my kettle.. I was well upset..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Hmmm...

I reckon Paul is well out of it.

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2023, 02:04:37 PMI remember Zoony took the whistle out of my kettle.. I was well upset..

Was only thinking of Mike yesterday (as I often do) and how I miss our various exchanges, not least on cricket ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Scrumpy

My daughter Marnie likes her bread cut diagonally when having toast or sandwich.. She can't bear it cut any other way..

Alex

I always cut butties diagonally too  :grin:  :grin:

Raven

I do as well, then into 4. Himself loves big doorstep sarnies.

Scrumpy

Butter must be spread to the edges..  I can't bear dry bread.. When I see sandwiches uncovered on  display I try to avoid them..

Raven

I'm very fussy about my butter, It has to be Lurpak Lighter for me. I like a Tuna n Cucumber Baguette if out to lunch, and I know straight away if it's Lurpak or not.   :busted:

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 16, 2023, 03:31:17 PMMy daughter Marnie likes her bread cut diagonally when having toast or sandwich.. She can't bear it cut any other way..
Same here.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Alex

Lurpak is my preferred butter too, but Country life is good and I buy that if it's on offer  :smiley:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on November 21, 2023, 10:25:45 AMLurpak is my preferred butter too, but Country life is good and I buy that if it's on offer  :smiley:
I like Lurpak but for years now I've used Flora Proactive or the Benecol equivalent.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I buy those little Benecol lower cholesterol drinks, no idea if they work but I'm not loving the statins they've given me  :smiley:

klondike

Ah but statins extend your lifespan. If you take them and they make you feel crappy you can at least have longer feeling crappy.

I won't take them as when I did the muscle pain was pretty bad. They only offer a supposed statistical advantage anyway. So reduce strokes and heart attacks. You have to die of something and I'd rather have either of those than something slow or maybe dementia.