The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

Quote from: Alex on March 31, 2024, 01:00:21 PMAn American multinational but they do have great a returns policy, particularly for electricals.  A bit like M&S used to be, no questions asked- almost

According to Mr Google - the nearest one to me is at Leeds.  Will have to bribe a car owning friend to go for a look!

Alex

Quote from: Silver Tabby on April 02, 2024, 02:49:36 PMAccording to Mr Google - the nearest one to me is at Leeds.  Will have to bribe a car owning friend to go for a look!

You need a card Tabby, I think you can get one on line.  I'm on my daughter in law's card

Scrumpy

Why am I so tired.. !!  Trying to catch up with that hour that was taken away from me..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It'smessed my sleeping patttern even though I pay little attention to clocks.

Alex

Meeting two old work colleagues today for lunch, so not really boring  :cool:

Scrumpy

Might clean up my outside steps today.. ready to paint them..

klondike

Scrumpy

2,000 pounds to sort my roof out.. The ridge tiles are loose.. cement worn away.. Lead is split.. and some wonky tiles.. 2 days work..  At least it's a job out of the way..
My neighbour spotted the problem when he saw that a ridge tile had slipped and was lodge on the roof..

Scrumpy

Roofers are here.. thank goodness it's not raining..  :yahoo:

klondike

Are they using a scaffold or just roofing ladders?

Scrumpy

Roofing ladders.. It certainly looks good.. Black soffits.. drip trays.. guttering.. 3 workers.
They are here again tomorrow..
David, my neighbour, was impressed..They are doing his roof next.. And it didn't rain.!!

Alex

GrannyMac

We were stuck in traffic jams on the M6 earlier, after a few days at Center Parcs in Cumbria.   All the kids, tweens and teens basically entertained themselves! We all got together in the evenings for drinks, quizzes etc.  We rarely see OHs family who live in Scotland, it was a nice change.

Staying at son's tonight, home tomorrow.  It'll feel very quiet.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Went into town early.. Spent half an hour in  a book shop.. Bliss..

Alex

A bit too windy outside to do much today.