Gaydar or it pays to advertise

Started by klondike, February 09, 2022, 08:49:03 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: zoony on February 09, 2022, 07:09:08 PM

Cos they weren't constantly in our faces and feted on tv like they are today.. Whatever is said, in my mind it isn't normal and never will be.

It isn't normal and never will be  :upvote:

-Oy-

Some people are Gay - and it's always been normal. Just not accepted in our culture. Look at the ancient Romans and Greeks. Also a big part of Japanese Samurai culture. I firmly believe that it's everyone's right to be who they are and love who they love.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

GrannyMac

I agree Oy. I'm glad they are no longer openly persecuted in our society. I do wonder how people who say its abnormal and perverted would cope if their child or grandchild came out?

I have a couple of gay acquaintances, one is a woman in her 60s who was married in her young days. She's so much happier now. The other is a man, who is quite camp. He's no more likely to proposition a straight man than he is a woman. He and his partner live happily just like lots of middle aged couples.  And they take great care of his mum.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

"  glad they are no longer openly persecuted in our society "   I too am happy they're no longer persecuted, but that still doesn't make it the norm.  You're not alone in having gay acquaintances  :smiley: so do I, but I just don't think about what they get up to in the bedroom  :cool:

klondike

One thing we do know is that whatever leads to it isn't hereditary. The odd thing is that it persists. I recall reading that it's common in animals too.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on February 09, 2022, 08:26:15 PM
"  glad they are no longer openly persecuted in our society "   I too am happy they're no longer persecuted, but that still doesn't make it the norm.  You're not alone in having gay acquaintances  :smiley: so do I, but I just don't think about what they get up to in the bedroom   :cool:

Me neither. Of course they are in the minority, just differently wired somehow.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

i remember the horror when our Alan who had migrated to Los angeles came home for his first holiday with several pals who had done the same we were sat in the boozer when he mentioned Rock Hudson was gay, it floored me, then he said Cary Cooper was his boyfriend..no it wasnt Cooper but another old grizzled coyboy, i can picture him but cant remember his name, i was struck dumb... :wtf: