What's Happening in Ireland ?

Started by Alex, May 15, 2024, 08:11:14 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Is Northern Ireland still part of the EU  ? 
Is Britain a 'safe' country ? 
We've already taken back 50 asylum seekers from the Republic of Ireland, will they be handing over all the illegals littering Dublin streets ?

Confused

dextrous63

I wonder if the RoI could try to repatriate its travelling community.

muddy

I would even contribute to their fare back home to the old country .

dextrous63

Quote from: muddy on Yesterday at 12:35:45 PMI would even contribute to their fare back home to the old country .
You probably have already paid for the court (and subsequent bailiff/police) costs of evictions, insurance hikes due to their criminal activities, plus the clean up of their fly-tipping.

But never mind, they claim to be misunderstood victims🙄

klondike

There was a section of road with very wide grass verges. The verges attracted our friends in caravans towed by transits who when they left seemed to have forgotten some of their possesions. The council adopted an innovative clean up technique. Tipper lories would arrive and cover it up. The resulting mud piles over time became grassy knolls which were completely unsuited to the parking of caravans. Now the entire section of road looks like it was landscaped.

We used to get the local recreation ground invaded but haven't been blessed with a call for quite some time. I'm not sure why. I had given some friends a garden bench with cast iron ends and wooden slats. They renovated it and it was in their front garden. During one of the treveller visits it vanished. Not enormously surprising but what was surprising was that half a dozed pound shop solar lights went at the same time. They must hve been pretty much valueless. They have replaced the bench. That one is bolted down now.

JBR

What surprises me is that the Pikeys seem to be effectively above the law.

If I did what they do - parking up a caravan in the middle of a park, nicking things, leaving shit, ruin and a general mess wherever I stay - I'm sure I wouldn't get away with it.

Is it that they are a highly regarded specie or is it simply that the coppers are afraid of them?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire