Russia Putin just wants a fight..

Raven

Quote from: klondike on March 08, 2022, 04:49:02 PM
Russia Putin just wants a fight..

But he's not out there fighting, he's nice and safe in Russia.  [2030] [1090]

zoony

Quote from: Diasi on March 08, 2022, 04:09:45 PM
right area.

The Russian soldiers aren't fighting the Ukranian army, they're fighting the Ukranian nation.

And one gets the strong impression that that the Russian soldiers don't like it one little bit.

klondike

Quote from: Raven on March 08, 2022, 04:59:54 PM
But he's not out there fighting, he's nice and safe in Russia.  [2030] [1090]
Possibly not as safe as he was before he started this...

crabbyob

and even the Russian public after being spoon-fed all his propiganda, dont seem to like it much either
given long enough the Soviet 100 year trial could end.... but only if the yanks dont try to stir the pot..

Alex

Has everyone seen the clip of this poor woman going back to her flat in Kiev ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wS_Zio8Mg

Dayjo

I watched it.
Playing her piano so beautifully, for the last time. Before they had to leave their life behind.

Poignant....
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

Diasi

That'd be a bit loud in a block of flats, I think that would driven me out before the shelling did.

Plus, playing the piano one last time wouldn't have been my priority in a room that could be shelled again.

Lol. :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

Maybe it was her neighbours who asked the Russians to bomb her to stop the incessant noise?
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Quote from: Dayjo on March 14, 2022, 08:03:14 PM
I watched it.
Playing her piano so beautifully, for the last time. Before they had to leave their life behind.

Poignant....

I agree. Amongst the ruins...😥
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

The lady plays beautifully .. Music speaks in all languages..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

So here we are nearly a year on from this topic was started.    Our unelected PM has said everything is on the table, does he mean sending planes to Ukraine ?  I certainly hope not, he is setting UK up to be on the receiving end of Russian retaliation, so we should step back from this proxy war.

Have you changed your opinion in the last 12 months ?

klondike

I still think that the west cannot allow Putin to win. Considering the recent reports that our own armed forces are in a very parlous state I'm inclined to think that our own assistance should be leaning more towards moral support than material support.

It is probably better for us to support Ukraine and let them wear down the Russians than it is for us to get dragged into supporting France as the Russians attack them from their bases in Germany. I certainly believe that if they take Ukraine they are very unlikely to stop at that.

From their progress so far though I doubt that they could do any of that. Corruption seems to have hollowed out their armed forces to the point it may take them as long as a week to wait for ours to run out of ammo before traipsing all over them.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on February 09, 2023, 05:36:38 PMSo here we are nearly a year on from this topic was started.    Our unelected PM has said everything is on the table, does he mean sending planes to Ukraine ?  I certainly hope not, he is setting UK up to be on the receiving end of Russian retaliation, so we should step back from this proxy war.

Have you changed your opinion in the last 12 months ?

No, he will send aircraft, because you can reliably treat everything he says as a gainsay. He is a spineless apparatchik entity who castes no shadow and just exists to agree with everyone from his wife and inlaws down.

Reminds me of the hapless Uriah Heep from the Dickens novel David Copperfield - "I'm ever so humble sir".
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

I don't think 'humble' is in his make up
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]