Ukraine.

Started by Scrumpy, February 14, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

There is always someone up for the job.. Even the 'protectors' are capable of that..
Anything to save their own skins..
Even Caesar had the knives out for him.. and the Italians hanged Mussolini who was adored by the people at one time .. Yet another dictator..
Even in this country over the centuries PRINCES and KINGS have been done away with..
Loyalty is very Fickle.. In the fight for POWER..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

As I posted on another thread, assuming he doesn't back track, I'll be very surprised if Putin is still alive in 3 months time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I can't see him back tracking....

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on March 07, 2022, 10:31:23 AM
As I posted on another thread, assuming he doesn't back track, I'll be very surprised if Putin is still alive in 3 months time.

Let the count down begin...
THURSDAY 7th of July...    95 days and counting..

crabbyob

we are all ranting about Putin
do any of you know 'why'

klondike

Time made a suggestion why....

Scrumpy

.. and therein lies the story.

Diasi

Quote from: crabbyob on March 07, 2022, 04:14:55 PM
we are all ranting about Putin
do any of you know 'why'

Maybe because he's invaded a sovereign country & is bombing it's civilians out of existence.

Or maybe because he's threatened nuclear reprisals.

Who knows.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

crabbyob

My 'why' referred to 'why is he doing it',
as far as i know the main reason was the gas pipe.... the contract was signed allowing the pipe to cross the Ukraine, then the Ukraine came back with demands, then secretly tapped into the pipeline siphoning off copious amounts of the gas without payment... now non of that may be true but it is what i remember reading, then the demands got greater and greater, which is why Herr Putin calls them the Mafia... and hidden in there among the snowflakes is the President of Americas family rubbing their greedy little spotlessly clean hands demanding 'the world' step in and protect their 'investment' no not Americas investment the Bindens... but of course i am often wrong.. :angry:

klondike

Regardless what the Ukrainian government did or didn't do I can't see any justification for shelling and bombing cities full of civilians. I imagine he is more pissed off by the west shoehorning in a politician in favour of NATO membership than the gas though.

Alex

He said he doesn't want US missiles on Ukraine soil, ok so it's not his decision.  But the US was quick to react when the Russians placed missiles on Cuba so what's the difference ?  Putin has just gone too far.

crabbyob

can someone post the casualty numbers?
i am shocked at the Russian Casualties, if the numbers i heard were true...

klondike

It's a war. You'll get total BS and never know.

Diasi

Quote from: crabbyob on March 08, 2022, 02:08:56 PM
can someone post the casualty numbers?
i am shocked at the Russian Casualties, if the numbers i heard were true...

Based solely on the fact that the Russian military planned on the invasion being done & dusted in around 4 days, but are nowhere near to their objective, I would estimate that any of the quoted numbers of between 2,000, 4,000 & even 11,000 Russian casualties could be in the right area.

The Russian soldiers aren't fighting the Ukranian army, they're fighting the Ukranian nation.

It's also estimated that Russia can't sustain the present rate of aircraft losses for more than another fortnight.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Ukraine have more to fight for.. Russia just wants a fight..
Very brave people..