Boris Johnson & Partygate v Tony Blair & The Invasion of Iraq.

Started by Diasi, March 22, 2023, 09:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It just shows the pits into which British politics has descended.

We have a Godammned enquiry about Johnson having a cake on his birthday, at No 10 where he both worked & lived, & on the 20th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq there was a programme slating what was an illegal invasion based on false information given to Parliament by Tony Bliar, but he was never mentioned by name during the whole programme.

Nor was he ever hauled up on a charge of misleading Parliament since the Labour Party voted down the motion.

https://bit.ly/3ZbCwtk
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Bloody man should have been put on trial for war crimes, slippery little so and so got away with it. 

Scrumpy

The knives are out for Boris..  
and Boris has the knives out for Sunak..

Meanwhile... All the other names are forgotten..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Boris will be voting against Sunak's Northern Ireland fudge. I wonder if he'll have the brass neck to speak against it considering the mess is actually of his making.

The Brexit deal wasn't quite oven ready - it seems that the giblets were left in in their little plastic bag making what came out quite unpalatable for many.

If the eventual vote on the misleading parliament issue goes to suspend him for over 10 days it will apparently lead to a by election. With the current polling he is very unlikely to win that and it will probably be the end of his parliamentary career.

Blair should certainly be in jail for starting an illegal war. Most of the crap we get now was kicked off by that war including the invasion by dinghy boys.

Raven

I wouldn't worry about him, he'll lie, wriggle and smarm his way out of it all. He's had plenty of practice after all. :nooo:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Raven on March 22, 2023, 11:31:30 AMI wouldn't worry about him, he'll lie, wriggle and smarm his way out of it all. He's had plenty of practice after all. :nooo:
What a great description of Blair..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I can't work out what it is that the powers that be think Sunak will do, that Johnson wouldn't have. Look at his choice of chancellor and home secretary for instance.

Raven

Alex

Raven

Quote from: Alex on March 22, 2023, 02:27:54 PMHe should be  ! :grin:

Maybe he should, maybe eventually he will be. But today it's Boris's turn  to fess up.

Jacqueline

I heard on one news programme that this northen Ireland deal would open us to free movement from the south, so the illegals could fly to Dublin and walk over the border into the north, then they just get the boat over to us.  Wonderful!! 

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on March 22, 2023, 01:54:40 PMIt's not Blair who's in the hot seat today.
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
And why do you think my opening line was  "It just shows the pits into which British politics has descended."
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Raven on March 22, 2023, 01:54:40 PMIt's not Blair who's in the hot seat today.
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
This would be the best hot seat for him...

GrannyMac

A witch hunt and a waste of resources IMO. TB did much worse than have a sandwich after work.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

and meanwhile - is anyone actually running the country effectively?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]