Main Menu

Sturgeon

Started by Alex, January 28, 2023, 08:55:54 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

where do you get 'less tax' from? For the middle classes and up Income tax in Scotland is higher than the rest of the UK
I did work it out at the last budget, but can't lay my hands on my workings, but from memory I pay about £1200 more income tax than if I lived in England - but don't get me wrong. As far as I am concerned, Scotland is worth every penny, despite the SNP
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 31, 2023, 10:41:14 AMwhere do you get 'less tax' from? For the middle classes and up Income tax in Scotland is higher than the rest of the UK
I did work it out at the last budget, but can't lay my hands on my workings, but from memory I pay about £1200 more income tax than if I lived in England - but don't get me wrong. As far as I am concerned, Scotland is worth every penny, despite the SNP
I didn't realise that Scotland set it's own taxes, I bet Drakeford will want the same powers for Wales then god help us all here.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

Mr Sturgeon has resigned 'with immediate effect' this is after their communications head resigned on Friday.  I'm just wondering if Mr Murrell, on his way out, told where the £600,000 was stashed  :cool:

Michael Rolls

and why he earlier denied the big drop in SNP membership - is Scotland finally waking up to SNP incompetence?
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I can only hope so Mike.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

A totally morally corrupt couple have been outed.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

SNP Loses 40% of its Members Following Sturgeon's Gender Self-ID Reforms

Nicola Sturgeon has denied the SNP is in crisis as the party was forced to admit that more than 40% of its members have quit and her self-ID gender reforms were blamed for a recent mass exodus.

After weeks of refusing to provide the figure, the SNP said only 72,186 members were eligible to vote in the leadership contest – a drop of more than 50,000 on the 125,000 total the Nationalists boasted of in 2019.

In an astonishing decline, the total is believed to have dropped by more than 10,000 in this year alone as Ms Sturgeon became embroiled in a toxic political scandal over her self-ID gender reforms.

The membership tally also represents a drop of more than 30%| (31,698) on the last published count of 103,884 at the end of 2021, barely 14 months ago.

Ms. Sturgeon insisted her 89-year-old party was experiencing "growing pains" during the contest.

Just the latest instance of go woke, go broke. Will they ever learn?

My source : https://dailysceptic.org/2023/03/18/snp-loses-40-of-its-members-following-sturgeons-gender-self-id-reforms/

Original source : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/03/16/nicola-sturgeons-gender-reforms-blamed-snp-losing-40pc-membership/

Diasi

I've just watched the news with utter amazement as McPakistani is sworn in as First Minister.

If I hadn't known it was in Scotland I'd have thought the scene of the gathering at the foot of the stairs was in Karachi.

I'm pleased that Kate Forbes, a committed Christian who stuck to her principles which probably cost her the leadership, & whose family are generations of ethnic Scots, has refused to serve under a Muslim from an immigrant family.

Especially when he took the piss by demoting her to the job of rural affairs. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

morty

I'd be tempted to say I'll swop him for Sunak .... but I'm not sure who the winners or losers would be.

Alex

We can always hope come a general election the SNP will be out on their ears.  It wouldn't have happened under Krankie, but maybe this fella will carry on making mistake after mistake, as I believe he did in other jobs and the Scottish people will at last see the light..

GrannyMac

Alex, there is a huge diaspora of Scots within the UK who have never had a say on separating the country, however anyone who just happens to be living in Scotland does.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I guess the Scottish Parliament decided no vote for Scots not living in Scotland, wonder why ?   :grin:  What I find a bit distasteful is this Yousaf person gave his oath of allegiance in Urdu.   Now what the hell was that all about ? this is not Pakistan !

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Michael Rolls

The more I listen to his racist comments, the more angry I get. With that attitude, the man is totally unsuitable for the position he has achieved. Had someone been complaining about coloured persons in positions of power, you can just imagine the uproar that would have resulted.
[email protected]